Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Short and Chunky

Gaines is my name and Short and Chunky is my game.

My sweet little baby is GROWING before my eyes. He stayed with his grandparents this weekend. When I picked him up, it looked like he doubled in size. I could've sworn that one pair of pajamas fit before he went away for the night....now its like the sleeves are up to his elbows and his toes are poking holes in the feet.

Gaines turned 2 months this past weekend. Monday we went to the doctor for his checkup and shots. He now weighs 12 pounds 8 ounces (doubling in size since we left the hospital), but he has only grown an inch and a half. He is in the 75% percentile for weight and 25% percentile for length. As time goes on, I am hoping for any sign that he may turn out like his daddy....but everytime I am disappointed that he must have my genes! He did inherit Scott's big hands and feet. So I might have a short Ronald McDonald on my hands.

We both handled the shots okay. The first vaccine by mouth kinda put him into to shock. By the time they stuck him, he couldn't even scream. I was scared but held my composure. He was fine after and slept all day and night.
Waiting patiently...

Two month stats:
12lbs 8oz
22 inches
Size 2 diapers
3 month clothes
eating very randomly now (3 to 5 oz)
usually waits 4 hours before real hungry
takes good naps 1.5-2.5 hours (would like to sleep longer)
sleeps 6-9 hours at night
doing better at putting himself to sleep
sleeps great in a straight jacket (swaddler)
graduated to the big boy bath and loves it
talks and smiles alot
loves catching up with daddy after work
loves to read his black/white book
found one hand and inspects it often
hasn't rolled over since week 3
thinks tummy time is time to cuddle with the blanket instead of exercise
has fun playing with Kate at Mammaw's house
has been to the library and had lunch in the park
went swimming and fell asleep in the pool
loves to be on-the-go
met all his new friends (Jack, Eliza, Betsy, Henry and Russell)
has now moved on to the color green (grass, trees, frogs, grapes, brussell sprouts, etc.)
knows the letter G
can make sentences like "Gaines plays in the green grass", "Gaines eats green grapes" and "GG loves Gaines"

1 comment:

  1. He's such a cutie!! I'm proud of his sentence forming skills. Very intelligent.

    ReplyDelete