Monday, February 20, 2012

Roll Call

Crockett: HERE. I am here! I promise! At first I was waiting to write another post when Gaines turned 9 months, then I was waiting for some free time, and now something is wrong with my camera card and I can't download  pictures. I hate to post without pictures. Excuses, excuses, excuses.

We have had a busy month. Scott way out did himself for my birthday. We had a great time in Memphis. He even suprised me with a few friends meeting us for dinner. We ate at "Itta Bena". It was AWESOME. I want to go back. It's actually above BB King's on Beale Street, but you would never know. You don't even hear the music below and its a completely different setting - not to mention de-lic-ous food. I don't know if it was my working out of town that week, being away from Gaines, no noisemaker or what - but I couldn't sleep good at the hotel. So we were gone by like 7am the next morning. I was glad to get home and see Gaines and let him nap in his own bed. That weekend he started noticing when I was leaving him. Friday he cried (for a very short amount of time but still) when I left him. I don't like that. You would think he could show the same type of emotion when I return, but he could've cared less when he saw me Sunday! Scott said Gaines cried when he left him at daycare today. I am glad he is getting a taste of it too. Now he can't make fun of me!

Scott thought I would regret this decision but NO WAY. For the past several years, we have had a super bowl party. Scott told people we weren't having it this year because he didn't think I would want to host it after being gone for my birthday all weekend. I certainly didn't want to give this up. First of all, I didn't want to not do it the first year we had a baby. I know I shouldn't be worried about what others think, but I think I was making a point for myself too. I figured Gaines would be entertained by the crowd and he doesn't have trouble going to bed and noise usually doesn't bother him. Secong of all, the people that usually come are friends we used to see ALL the time. In the past year (even before the baby) that has changed a lot and I don't like it! Anyway, Scott called at the last minute and told them to come on. I was so glad. Even though I really didn't have a chance to visit after dealing with Gaines all night, I liked that everyone was there and Scott got to visit.

This past weekend we celebrated some friend's engagement at a party in Senatobia. It was fun seeing everyone again - twice in one month - WOW! Gaines was the perfect child this weekend. Naps, playtime, meals, outings. You name it, he was perfect. It's weekends like these that make me feel guilty for thinking he is not always this good and not being this positive:) Maybe it's weekends like these that get us through the sick and irritable ones. Either way, the Crockett household is thankful today.

Sorry for the lenghty post with no pictures. I will work on fixing my computer and camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment