Welcome to 2015!
Unfortunately, this is my first blog of the year....just 2 months late of posting anything. Also, unfortunately, nothing exciting has been going on. However, this week is worth every bit of the first post of the year!!
The past 2 weeks have been full of ice and snow predictions which leads to lots of school closures....which leads to much frustration on my part. I have been able to keep my frustration to a minimum and only to those closest to me. I believe at one point I texted to someone that "you could pour a coke out the car window and there would be more ice on the road". (Not my proudest moment.) I completely agree we want every bit of safety for our kids and I also would not want that responsibility. I get stressed out enough trying to decide if I will drive an hour to work or not on my roads. However, those that do not work in the school system have a whole other layer of stress when the schools close for the whole day or let out early. That may be selfish, but its the truth. It had to come out. Sorry.
Anyway, this blog was supposed to celebrate some Snow Days. Along with my hostility above, I am also a skeptic that we will really see any snow. Wednesday they were predicting 2 to 5 inches in our area. Umm, yeah right. So I found a babysitter for Gaines and I headed to work because if anything did fall, it wasn't supposed to start until lunch or after. Since I have always commuted an hour to work, I listen to what's happening at home but I don't rush right home. I wait to see what it will actually do - to stick or not to stick.
Snow started to fall in New Albany after noon. By 1pm, it was getting harder and starting to accumulate. My biggest worry is always the loveliest Highway Mississippi has, Hwy 4. So I decided to go ahead and leave at 1pm. Sleet had already accumulated all over my car and windshield. What I thought was snow out the window was sleet. After driving about 20 minutes, it was clear as day. By the time I got to Highway 4, it was snowing pretty hard and starting to accumulate on the trees. Nothing was bad though. Then, I got to the old part of Highway 4. It was like I was in the back roads up north. I was in awe. Very pretty, but still couldn't believe it was actually happening. That was the beginning of my 30 mph trip home!
Chulahoma, Marshall County at 1.45pm
I picked up Gaines - who was ecstatic about the snow falling. He and another girl were glued to the window watching the flakes. To be exact, he was licking the window....sorry BB. As soon as we were in the car, he asked to build five snowmen. Well, I couldn't argue. Of course, we would.
Janey Drive at 3pm
The Crockett Residence
First snow picture
The only evidence I existed on this day!
Our snow family
The littlest snow ball
Snow ball fight...
I think he was taking it out on the camera!
We made LOTS of snow angels :)
(and swimming angels)
After about an hour, we went inside to thaw. He was completely worn out. We vegged in front the TV only to find out Daddy was home from Nashville about 4 hours earlier than we expected and he was ready to play in the snow! We had to do a little convincing to get Gaines back out. But once we hit the hill, he was ready.
Snow was so thick Scott had to make a track for us
Gaines was ready! This boy amazes me!!
First thing he wanted to do was go head first.
One scared Mama at the bottom of the hill!!
Perfect. Ready for the next round!
He didn't do much walking in the snow. It was more like wallering around like a pig in a mud puddle.
DAY 2:
Just had to get the tractor out!
We got stuck alot!
Somebody in the neighborhood built this down at the pond.
Amazing! Our 12" snowman was hard enough!
Throwing snowballs in the frozen pond!
Again, where he would rather be...
I bet we got shy of 4" but walking through this yard felt like 6"
Our first bite of snow. Wasn't impressed.
Checking on our playhouse
He loved clearing the snow off!
Just a few of the things he asked to build the last two days: 5 snowmen, an ice bridge, Rocky and Rubble (PAW Patrol), an igloo, a rainbow.... I wish I could remember them all. His imagination was on fire.
Even with all the stress I add to these days, it was a fun one! I am so amazed at this little boy and his absolute love for this white stuff. He has been asking for months to play in it. I didn't think he really knew what he was doing though. For a kid who is usually worried about getting dirty, stuff sticking to him, getting wet, etc. etc. Not one bit of the last two days bothered him. He complained the first time we came in about his feet itching because they were so cold. But that was it! And the sledding....I guess I have a real boy on my hands now!!! We have had a blast. I am so glad I was wrong!
By the way, did you count our snowmen....
Crockett Family 2015....4th snowman melting in August
No comments:
Post a Comment