Thursday, June 16, 2011

One down and many, many more

We have survived month one!!

This month seemed to last FOREVER. It is reall amazing how much progress I have made and Gaines has made over the past several weeks. I am feeling more and more back to my old self....just wish I could shed these last few pounds. I assume we all have that side of our closet that is reserved for the "fat" clothes. Well, my "fat" clothes don't even fit yet. It is depressing and very frustrating - especially when I have to go back to work soon.

Last week, I decided to take the Babywise advice in hopes to regulate Gaines' sleeping patterns. I am not sure if we are any better off after a week and a half of this or not. The night before I technically started this regimine he slept through one of his feedings. The next day I started waking him up to eat. He takes very good naps during the day; it just takes him a LONG while to fall asleep so I hated to wake him up, but I followed the advice. For the most part, we have had good nights. I can tell he is getting ready to do better. We have pretty much dropped a feeding. Just sometimes he still wakes up for a diaper or his pacifier. The only draw back is that between 4-8pm he screams and hardly naps AT ALL. You can tell that he is so sleepy; he just won't stay asleep. Well, yesterday we took a road trip with Scott to Memphis. Gaines did AWESOME! We couldn't have asked for anything better. He fell asleep in the driveway and woke up when we pulled back into the garage 4 hours later. Yes, that means I missed that feeding because we decided not to wake and feed at the restaurant. Turns out our gamble for the ride home was successful. So yesterday we were not very "babywise" BUT the night was so pleasant...NO screaming, good nap, and went his regular 6 hours during the night. Only time will tell if I stick with a more strict schedule or if I let him get his naps and hope he continues to sleep at night.

Besides all this scheduling bit, Gaines had a very busy weekend. Gaines and I have gone on several outings to lunch or shopping, but this weekend was the first time for the 3 of us to go out together. Scott was very nervous each time - not sure if he enjoyed any of it. Saturday morning we went to a friend's 1st birthday party. Gaines did great! That night we met some friends and their baby for Mexican. Yes, that would be dinner which corresponds to Gaines' screaming time. He cried for a short while, but hey, it's Mexican. The restaurant was loud, and I don't think they hated us too much. Sunday morning was our first time back to church. We just did sunday school and took him with us. Scott could barely concentrate because he was scared Gaines would make a scene. I on the other hand forgot Gaines was there. It felt good to do something normal and get back into our old routine.




No comments:

Post a Comment