I don't know about y'all, but I have been obsessed with the new show "Switched at Birth" this summer. The last episdoe was a week or two ago and can't wait for them to film some more!
Today was Gaines' first day at day care. I like the place he is going, but I was still nervous when I dropped him off this morning. He can be......less than perfect sometimes :) Scott picked him up this afternoon. Apparently, Gaines had a blast today. We were shocked actually. I had in my head that he would be screaming all morning and not sleep a wink. I think he did better for her than he did me this weekend during nap time. When I got home tonight, Scott asked where our baby was. He was content and happy which is few and far between at this time of night. We are so thankful for a good day and hope tomorrow is just as fun for Gaines!
Last Friday, we had our first sick doctor's visit. We thought Gaines had scratched his eyeball last week. It was really red all week. Friday morning it was draining really bad. My pediatrician moved to New Orleans after our 2 month checkup so we saw the main doctor at the clinic. He was very different from the woman we had, but I think we will like him. Gaines looked like a deer caught in headlights staring at him. Anyway our diagnosis was conjunctivitis....some kind of eye infection. Not bad and not contagious, but we got eye drops. Gaines has been a good patient in taking his medicine!
We have also started cereal with a spoon. Gaines had a couple of really good days chewing, eating, swalllowing and opening the mouth ready for more last week. Then, we had some days he was not interested at all. Tonight you would've thought he was eating steak!
He surprised us again Friday night. This is Scott's brother's senior year so we are trying to make it to as many games as possible. Friday night was the first game of the season. Gaines loved being outside. He sat in his stroller and chewed on his hand for over an hour...big accomplishment for us!
One of his first bites...."what is this stuff?"
Trying out his new play toy where his legs won't even touch the bottom:)
Ready for fall football
No comments:
Post a Comment