Wednesday, September 14, 2011

4 month checkup

Work has been so crazy this week I have literally forgot everything we have been up to! Gaines did make it to his is second football game last week. He just loves it. He sat in the stands this time. The loud, obnoxious fans bothered me more than they did him. Last month I was worried about his three month pictures. But I ordered them this past weekend and they turned out so good! I can't wait to get them back. I went fabric shopping so Gaines will finally have some homemade clothes this fall!! This is great news considering we don't have any thing long and warm. We had a great and lazy labor day weekend. It was actually pretty chilly on Monday so we broke out his first toboggan.....how cute!! 

Scott has given up his throne for Gaines
  
 Playing with cousins

Looks like I have a lot more to say than I thought. The past 2 weeks have been very sleepless! Gaines has always been a good 'nighttime' sleeper. He has been waking up all night long, crying in his sleep, etc. We weren't sure if he was teething, going through a growth spurt, or what. We have swaddled him at night since he was two months old. It always worked wonders. Even in the past if his hands got out he would sleep better if we shoved them back in. He doesn't like the dark either. When he was really little we kept the lamp on, then we moved to just the bathroom light. This has worked for months. Well, now he demands the lamp again and no swaddling. The kid sleeps like he is making a snow angel....but he sleeps! He will even wake up at 2am to have a little chat with himself then go back to sleep without crying.
 
We went to the doctor this morning. Gaines is growing fast! He wasn't so excited about the doctor checking his ears and throat, but he did good with his shots. Poor thing waited for over an hour and was asleep before we left the parking lot.  
15 lbs 14 oz
25 1/4 inches
size 3 diaper
almost completely 6 mo clothes
loves cereal, oatmeal, pears, sweet potatoes and carrots
no longer swaddled and sleeps like a free man!
happier and cuter by the day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment