Do we recognize the burning bush?
After riding around and around trying to figure out what I wanted for lunch on Friday - the day before a big football game in Oxford and traffic is a nightmare, I settle on Subway. As I am entering the door, an older lady says, "God wanted me to tell you to 'Be strong and have courage'. She then proceeded to a man that was four people of ahead of me in line and said something similar and left. Unfortunately, it crossed my mind (and perhaps would yours) that this lady has lost a few marbles.
The pictures I have seen of Jesus look nothing like this woman. First of all, He was not an older, black woman wearing a baseball cap and possibly looked pregnant. Second, I don't think He shopped at Dollar General. Third, I don't think He has eaten at Subway before.
Did He send her to give me, Meg Crockett, a special message?
Should I have been a nice citizen and helped her find her marbles?
Or, do I need to adjust my hearing aids and glasses in preparation for God's message?
No comments:
Post a Comment