Monday, January 9, 2012

Like Father, Like Son

Scott feeds Gaines dinner every night since I don't home from work until late. Gaines just can't wait that long. I should have known sooner or later it would happen......Gaines has started eating puffs - thanks to my sister. I tried them with him before Christmas, and I think it was in my head that he didn't like them. Mary worked with him for maybe 5 minutes one day, and he hasn't stopped since. This weeked I had to watch him that he only put one in at a time. He thought he was some kinda chipmunk that could store puffs in his cheek......so I get home tonight, and Gaines is swallowing them whole. He is not even chewing; I can blame Scott for teaching him that! It was painful to watch him, but hey, I have tried to get a grown man to chew for years and no luck.


This weekend Gaines finally got to play with his friend Eliza. They met last summer, but he wasn't in a very jovial mood.....this weekend wasn't much better. He woke up from his nap, and there were two strange people here. He stared my friend, Kristin, down for a good solid hour, and Eliza, well she just climbed all over him. I think Gaines likes "his" space and everyone else please stay out of his bubble. I would scoot him away, and Eliza would follow. She was practically sitting in his lap!! We had a great time watching them play. Gaines finally warmed up at the end. I can't wait for Gaines to be as active as Eliza.....well, I kinda like him just as he is:) I am trying to not rush it!

Playing nice...
 I like your shirt...
 I like your nose....
I LIKE your ear....

HAPPY MONDAY!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment