The first few months after having Gaines my baby daddy (who I am not allowed to talk about any more on my blog so he shall remain nameless) was really struggling with the fact that Gaines was so tiny and uncomfortable to hold. I will admit they looked kinda awkward together. But I reassured him that his time would come when Gaines would perfectly fit in his lap....and no longer in mine;( We are at the crossroads, and it is a sad turning point. I feel like I am trying to hold a fish out of water! Our (few) pictures together are so awkward. He looks as big as I am. This one was taken a couple of months ago, and I just thought he was big then!
Gaines is slowing starting to be more active (I hope). Little by little he is getting stronger and trying more. He is kind of a scaredy cat! It is so fun to experience these changes. We have been clapping and cheering so much lately hopefully that is encouraging him.
Enjoying a black bean, rice, and cheese quesadilla for lunch...
Patiently waiting for me to get him out of bed this morning...
I actually started this post a couple of weeks ago and never got past the first sentence. We have been very busy with weddings, birthdays, baby dedication, work travel, fun travel, etc, etc. I am trying to start planning his first birthday (which is a month and half away). I just don't see anything I really like. I don't think I want a theme. I wanted the first birthday to be simple - maybe about colors and shapes. But I can't figure out how I want the cake??? And the invitations??? And the invite list???? I have settled on a couple of decorations, if you will. I hope they turn out cute. If not, I can blame the influence of Pinterest and the high expectations associated with them!
My sweet thing at Baby Dedication...
Sorry 'Baby Daddy' this is too cute not to post...
Boy time...
Happy Birthday Baby Daddy...







No comments:
Post a Comment