Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Eve Eve Traditions

Ever since I can remember, one night the week before Christmas my mom would let us open one present. She continued that tradition when my sister got married, when the first grandchild came, when I got married, and we hope forever more :) Homemade hot chocolate is always involved! I think the spouses recognize this as a tradition more so that we do or the kids! This year my mom was out of more than usual. She is always a little frantic and last minute, but this year was more so. She hasn't been feeling well and just hasn't been in the spirit. We tried to suggest our tradition one night and we just backed off. But Christmas Eve Eve, we forced our way in. 


  


  


Kate got Clue! I was secretly pumped. We played one game to show her how it was done. Her mother's true competitive spirit came out...cheating and all. Would hardly help her daughter with hints for her first time. I felt like I was ten years old sitting in Sardis with Mary, Rebecca and Mary Paige. Good times. I won by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment