.... you are just wrong.
Even a mother's intuition can't correct that.
So this week was THE week. I have been pretty nonchalant so far about the second baby thing. Until the past week. I was getting excited to see that ultrasound.
Let's back up. On December 17th, I got a positive pregnancy test. That week I told Scott it was a girl. He thought I was crazy. I felt so bad for the next couple of months I just knew it was a girl. Then, one day everything turned off like a switch. I was perfectly fine. So I convinced myself it was now a boy. I don't know if I was trying to prepare myself and scared I would never have a girl.
In the days and weeks leading up to this ultrasound, everyone - I repeat everyone - said it was a girl. I tried to warn them they were wrong. Even Scott was on the girl train. Going into the doctor he told me, "It's a girl. You need to get prepared."
We got to the ultrasound room. The lady wanted to know our predictions. Scott was of course overly confident :) The first view on the screen she said, "Oh this is gonna be hard." So apparently baby was not in the mood for a camera day. We spent 40 minutes in there just trying to get measurements of the heart and brain - which was kind of scary when you are wondering if something is wrong. Baby was breach and never in a great position. But SHE was in a position to show off one body part. Scott said I was rude. But I asked her if she was serious and if she was really sure. I think I was just covering all my bases! She was sure SHE was a SHE. So there it is. Baby Crockett is a GIRL and everyone knew but HER mother!!! :(
For the next 24 hours, Scott kept pestering me asking "what was wrong" and "why was I acting weird" and "I wasn't excited". NO way would I ever be disappointed. I just really was not prepared for that. I thought for sure I would be a mom to all boys. BUT I am so excited for this little girl....scared what to do with HER but excited!! So there, Scott.
So my family wasn't really on board with waiting to know the sex. I thought I had explained clearly that Gaines would be the first to know, but I hadn't. I didn't think it was a big deal. Scott and I wanted to tell Gaines before anyone else. So that is what we did. I am not in to the big reveal but wanted something fun for Gaines. We wrapped up some PINK balloons with smarties tied to the bottom. He was pretty excited. Or as excited as he could be :)
My baby waiting to open his surprise :)
A gulll!!!
The most awesome big brother!!
One posed my favorite bush :)
I have the last picture on my phone screensaver. Its funny because it still reminds me every time that this is happening and Gaines will have a sister. I think I am still in shock. But I am glad to know and move on....bring on the baby tub spring cleaning!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment