Friday, September 4, 2015

Nursery Time

This is only at least a month old and several months if we are comparing to my progress of Gaines' nursery. But you can't really post pictures of a nursery that is not complete until about 24 hours before you deliver. I was not "feeling" the nursery decorating this time. I had a vision in my head but really struggled with executing. However, I love how it came together and what it looks like now. Its probably my favorite room. 

When I made Gaines' nursery bedding and curtains, I did so intentionally to use for our next child ... boy or girl. So that has obviously stayed the same. I wanted to add a splash of pink and use some gold items I got from my grandmother's house. Granted these gold items were probably from the 1970s and needed a little help. That's where my sister comes in of course. She toned the mirror down and helped me pull everything together. I was trying to be conservative and not purchase anything. I had a small budget and a little money left from selling Gaines' clothes after buying the curtain fabric from his room. I had intended to use guest room furniture. It just wasn't working out the way I pictured in my head. Plus, Anne Walker's closet has been my sewing closet for 4 years. I was not ready to clean that out which meant I needed even more storage. So I went on a hunt for a dresser. I found a piece that I loved but not what I was expecting. We splurged and bought the matching set. It makes the room!





I struggled with what to replace the mobile with. I had big intentions to make fabric animals. My mom had bought some cute little finger puppets. During Mammaw school one morning the first week we were home, she hung these up. I woke up from a nap to a finished mobile that I didn't have to do!




No comments:

Post a Comment