I am still in shock. Our baby girl is a month old. I have no idea what has happened to these last several weeks! I feel like we have slept the month away. Literally. She loves to sleep, and I am instructed to sleep with her. So there you have it. The month in a nut shell!
Anne Walker is still just as perfect as ever. She is staying awake a little more the last week. But she still likes her nap times. They are a little random. She likes to fall asleep after bottle and not happy if you try to wake her. So she gets to do whatever she wants and I am not listening to the books this go round. To celebrate her birthday she started sleeping "through" the night (from about 9.30/10 to 4.30/5). Hip, Hip, Hooray!! We will wait and see if its here to stay. Gaines was sleeping about 4 to 6 hours at night when he was a month old. So fingers are crossed. She wakes about 1 or 2, but I can pat her and giver her a paci and she is back asleep.
She is a happy baby about 99% of the time. She doesn't like to end a bottle, and she doesn't like to burp. Although, she is learning to match big brother's in volume! We have had a night or two with her being "really" fussy. It still doesn't compare to Gaines though! My family (aka Mom) is bad about calling people by other people's names. She did this with me and Mary for about 33 years now. And since grandkids, the opportunities have multiplied. With the birth of a second child, I can see how easy it may be, but I never thought I would interchange a boy for a girl. Scott and I both tend to call her Gaines sometimes....however, its only when she is screaming! Poor brother! We give him a hard time! Other times I call her Ms. Piggy. The girl will eat and eat and eat. She loves to eat!!
She is gaining weight. At 2 weeks, she had gained 1 pound since leaving the hospital. NowI think she should be around 8 to 8.5 pounds. CORRECTION: I weighed her on our old fashion scales and she is 9 to 10 pounds!!! I can feel her growing in my arms. I keep thinking she has a wet diaper. Nope. She just has a little more padding back there. She eats 4 ounces every 3 to 3.5 hours and goes about 8 hours during the night without eating. But she is still wearing newborn clothes.
Gaines is doing really good with her. Around week #2 we were having a little rough time. But since then, we have gotten in our routine. I am taking him to school more and picking him up almost everyday. So I think that has helped. She's not quite as good as she was at first with sleeping during supper time and our time with Gaines. But its still not bad. Sometimes he doesn't give her much attention. Less than more he wants to hold her (and did really good last weekend). She was trying to smile at him. He really hasn't acted out with us. He gets really frustrated with her when she cries during his TV time. He makes some frustrated noises and rolls his eyes. But he gets over it. Again, fingers crossed.
He even wanted to set up her toys! There might have been a little overstimulation going on. But he was excited to help and she hung in there!
She is gaining weight. At 2 weeks, she had gained 1 pound since leaving the hospital. Now
Gaines is doing really good with her. Around week #2 we were having a little rough time. But since then, we have gotten in our routine. I am taking him to school more and picking him up almost everyday. So I think that has helped. She's not quite as good as she was at first with sleeping during supper time and our time with Gaines. But its still not bad. Sometimes he doesn't give her much attention. Less than more he wants to hold her (and did really good last weekend). She was trying to smile at him. He really hasn't acted out with us. He gets really frustrated with her when she cries during his TV time. He makes some frustrated noises and rolls his eyes. But he gets over it. Again, fingers crossed.
He even wanted to set up her toys! There might have been a little overstimulation going on. But he was excited to help and she hung in there!
Happy ONE Month Birthday Anne Walker!!!
Photoshoot #1
Photoshoot #2 (Several hours later)
No comments:
Post a Comment