Sunday, March 20, 2016

He's a pro, She's a pro

Gaines is a pro at weddings now. This weekend marked his second time as a ring bearer in the last six months. Anne Walker is also a pro at weddings. She didn't make the rehearsal this time but thoroughly enjoyed the reception this time...being awake and all. 

I was nervous this go around - even though he did so good in October. The setting was different. We had him more contained in the hotel over the weekend and had him well rested. He knew less people so could act a little less crazy. This time the weeding was in his back yard...Coldwater. We don't have house. Which doesn't really affect this weekend but that's always in the back of my mind. Its more challenging keeping him calm and on track at my mom's. And he is a little too comfortable with Scott's cousins and uncles! Which means ... "Crazy Gaines".

Friday night I was trying to prepare him for everything since we haven't talked much about it at all. There was another ring bearer that Gaines has never met. He is actually is ninth cousin removed or something like that. I can't count distance cousins. Well, it usually takes Gaines a little while to warm up to someone. Not this time. They were instant friends. On stage they were picking at each other, twirling around, laughing.... Oh, dear. I hoped Saturday would be better. 

Saturday I relieved Scott about ten minutes before the wedding. I planned on staying the back before the ceremony to make sure the boys acted right. They did great. As the bridesmaids were walking down, Gaines pushes me and says "Go get your seat Mama. I'll be fine." :( Tears!!!! I was like, WHHHAATTT????!!! Who are you and what have you done with my baby?! I didn't sit where he told me to! I snuck up the balcony to find a seat. Gaines did good during the ceremony. At one point he pokes his head around the wedding party, looks into the crowd, and starts mouthing something. I couldn't figure out who he was talking to in the audience. Later I asked him. He said I was saying "how did you get up there?" He found me in the balcony. I guess he doesn't have a problem seeing far away. 






Sweet girl just woke up!


Mom, really?

Oh, my loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment