Sunday, August 28, 2016

Cross Country Part 1

Wednesday morning we headed for Los Angeles. We planned on seeing Rodeo Drive, Hollywood Boulevard, Walk of Stars, and the angel wings. Traffic was unimaginable crazy. We cut out Rodeo Drive and it still took us hours to get out of that City. I don't think I care to go back to Los Angeles. 

Camp Pendleton over the hills...

I am not real sure what the deal is with the angel wings. There are paintings in a bunch of different cities. I just went with it...obviously.

Hollywood Boulevard...

Then I found my boys!!!


I tried to lay on the concrete and it scorched my skin!



We found the sign!!





After this we avoided traffic and headed for Vegas Baby! You have to drive through the dessert (obviously). We were stuck in the middle of dessert mountains in the middle of nowhere for hours because of a wreck. So our night plans for Las Vegas changed. I did appreciate driving in at night though! About 40 minutes outside of Vegas, we see these balls of fire in the sky. At first we thought look at that airplane. But it was going way to fast and it wasn't just a light in the sky it was literally fire. Then we thought is it a missile? Eventually it went all the way across the sky and disappeared over Vegas. We found out there was a meteor shower that week. We saw 2 meteors!! It was so cool. 

 

This picture was stolen off the internet of someone else's sighting of the meteors near LA. Our view was much closer. They were bigger where we were and red fire. 

So it was still 100 degrees at midnight!




We missed the volcano show at our hotel but we got to see 2 water shows at the Bellagio!

The volcano at our hotel.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment