I cannot believe it.
It seems like Anne Walker has been in our family for as long as Gaines has. And yet, it feels like yesterday we were holding this precious thing in the hospital.
As usual, Anne Walker woke us up at 5.48am. So we had lots of snuggles before the rest of the house woke up. When Gaines came in, we had a pancake candle breakfast and opened one gift. Anne Walker and Gaines fought over it all morning. Literally big fight. She was hollering at him. He was shedding tears. I was lecturing. Nice birthday breakfast.
She may have stuck her finger in the flame. I sensed disapproval from Scott.
She has learned to say "hello"
Getting along :0
I notice things ALL the time that are different with the second child. One of those things is gift selection and the other is planning a birthday. Looking back on Gaines lifetime, we steered clear from flashy toys when he was little... Shopping for Anne Walker, Scott said the more the better. This train is every toy combined in to one. While I have slacked off on Gaines' party planning, this is the last 'first' birthday and I just threw it together. Lunch for family. Done. I hadn't even thought about decorating until I was at Walmart the night before buying food. 'Oh, flowers might be nice'. I think it turned out so sweet. I couldn't even tell I threw it together :)
I loved the pale pink cake!
slightly stone face
She was not in to opening gifts. She liked it more at Christmas.
She was loved today!
By the end of the party, the birthday girl was pooped!
Thank you for making our family complete Anne Walker!!!
We love you!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment