It's been too long.
I've thought about this site often. Even wrote posts in my head for therapy. But the time was never found to follow through. I've wanted to write about the changes in the kids ... oh, the growing that has occurred the past 7 months just breaks my heart! I've wanted to write about the stresses of our living situation and the peace that comes and goes depending on my consistent (or not) focus on Him. And I've wanted to document the progress we are finally seeing on the home front. So maybe I can attempt something tonight.
The start of the house took longer than I thought but then again I have NO idea how to build a house and still don't. We decided one day on whim (well maybe not a whim but that's easy way to skip over that phase of our life) we would build. We probably did plans within 2 months. We then worked on estimates for about 2 months. Our contractor asked us to pick everything (everything) out before hand and we determine a price that way! Talk about blowing my mind!! It's hard to pick stuff out when you don't even have a board on the property.
On April 12th, they staked the house corners.
On April 25th, we were wrapping up dirt work.
On April 27th, the house was formed.
By May 8th, we had plumbing roughed in.
We also discovered lots of roots...
May 15th they spent the day prepping for concrete.
May 16th we had a SLAB!!
May 18th the front of the house was framed. On May 19th the back of the house was framed. By May 20th, the rooms were starting to take shape. On May 23rd, the rafters were up and we had stairs. May 25th the started closing in the outside walls. By June 1st, the roof was decked and we were almost dry inside!!
June 11th we had shingles.
June 13th we were starting on a uniquely designed safe room.
By June 17th we had HVAC going in. Plumbing was roughed in while we were on vacation. And electrical rough in was completed this week.
Gaines was pumped about his bathtub!!!
Anne Walker .... well.....she's her own person!
A special thanks to my handy carpenter!!!
I find myself excited and hopeful and then I take it all back. I am afraid the anticipation will take over my ENTIRE life :) It is exciting. I just won't let myself think about it!


No comments:
Post a Comment