Sunday, March 27, 2011

Puppies, puppies, puppies


Well, project #999 has been completed. Even though it isn't, I feel like this is almost my thousandth project for Gaines, and I feel like I have this many more to go over the next 6 weeks. Yes, Gaines will have a puppy dog quilt. I saw this years ago and saved it. I think I put together a million pieces for this one. I already have another one in mind to make for him...much simpler design. I made this quilt and of course all the nursey bedding. However, this kid does not have ONE thing monogrammed. I feel ashamed. He did get one gift from some good friends with his name on it. But his terrible mother who bought this machine for this very moment has been slacking....no desire....whatsoever....

This past week was CRAZY busy with work....overtime, overtime, meetings, meetings. Feel like I need to be working instead of posting right now. I will be shortly - I am sure. I am ready for my mind to SLOW down, but there are sooo many loose ends to tie up before I go on maternity leave.

I did say 6 weeks. It seems so close, yet so far away. I can't wait to see what he looks like and hold him. But I also want to him to stay in there for a little longer. I may change my tune come May, but right now I don't want to rush him. Two good friends had their babies last week and another hopefully this week. Seeing the precious little Jack Burke certainly made me want to hold Gaines but only when he is ready! Besides Scott and I have a lot more critiquing to do of you other parents out there.....and lots more words to prepare to eat once he arrives!! HA!!! I am sure we will eat plenty of words, but part of me likes being naive. I was the same way before our wedding. I looked forward to the unknown and navigating our own way. And I am sure Gaines will navigate the way for us this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment