Robert Gaines Crockett was born at 4.32pm on May 9, 2011.
7 pounds 4 ounces and 20.5 inches
As I had hoped, Gaines decided to come on his own almost two weeks ago.
We had a busy weekend for Mother's Day. I spent all day Saturday shopping with my mom and sister. I basically stood up and walked all day long...we hoped that would put me into labor for Mother's Day on Sunday. Then, Saturday night we went to eat with some friends. They suggested eating a steak dinner; it put them into labor early. Sunday came and none of these tactics had worked. Just two hours past my due date, I woke up with contractions. They were not too bad but very consistent. My doctor told us not to come to the hospital until they were consistently 5 minutes apart. Well, mine skipped straight to 2 minutes apart. It took Scott an hour or so to convince me that we needed to head to Memphis. We took our time packing, showering, and loading the car, but by the time we got in the car, you would have thought Scott was a racecar driver.
We thought my fast pace contractions were a sign Gaines would be here quickly...we were wrong. Although it didn't seem like a very long labor to me, we were there all day and didn't see Gaines until late Monday afternoon. I did have to have a c-section, but by that time, I was fine with any decision that got him here safely. I had to stay in recovery for so long most of our family had left by the time we were in a room and Gaines was able to leave the nursery. The time at the hospital went so fast. The next thing I knew we were home and thrown into the real world!
This week we had our first bath....
we learned to sleep in the cradle instead of in mom's lap...
we watched our mobile...
we met our cousins...
we slept...
we went to lunch and walmart...and slept the whole time...
we smiled in our sleep...
we slept together...
...basically we slept or I should say he slept. I did not so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment