I haven't been in the best blogging mood the past couple of months. I have been real into pictures but no words. You won't get much different today, but I will put forth a little more effort. April has been a good month...great weather and fun times. It has felt super busy which is only a taste to come of the next few months I am afraid.
I have been keeping most of the happenings in our non-picture life private, but I will share the most exciting thing that has happened over the past month! I have changed my work schedule!!! If you are close to me at all, you know I have agonized over the little time I get to spend with Gaines and the little I actually get to do for him (or so I feel that way). For the past two years, Scott has taken the brunt of responsibility as far as getting Gaines to and from anywhere and everywhere during the week. I feel so blessed to have a husband that does it all with absolutely no complaints, but it also leaves me feeling guilty and a little jealous. The timing may have not been the best for me to make this change, but when it comes to putting your family first, there is no better time. I have been convicted (more and more so) over the past probably six months or more. I knew staying at home was not an option, nor was I really ready for that change myself. So I feel this is a good plan. I work 8 to 4 which only knocks off an hour in the afternoon, but it feels like 3 hours! I get to pick up Gaines by 5. We go home and start dinner and play, play, play. Gaines has been a different child. I don't know if the schedule change has been good for him or I am just in a better place mentally and have a better attitude - probably a little of both. I love the afternoon with my sweet boy!! This schedule has also changed his eating habits TREMENDOUSLY. He is eating so well and trying new things. I might have switched this kid somewhere along the way :)
There you have it...a little of my personal life. Now on to more fun happenings. A friend recently posted about a 5k on Facebook and said she and her family were going to participate.
I thought that might be fun and asked Scott...you can guess his response. So after being turned down by him and my sister I thought we should make this an alumni outing. I contact a group of close friends from high school and asked them to join me for a stroll walk. Due to sickness and work conflicts, only three of us were able to make it. I really enjoyed it. We have tried to get together monthly in the past but that is really hard with work and kids so this made for a great girl visit and hopefully an annual outing. Now we are not proud of our time, but we left plenty of room for improvement :)
Gaines and also I made another quick trip to the zoo this month with Jack and his parents. Gaines is so not interested in the animals, but loves to run! We made it through Cat Country and the monkeys and giraffes. By the time we got to the elephants, he was asking to go home! Now on to the reason for this whole blog....
What we do on rainy days....!
He is getting so big!
Finally getting brave on the slide :)
Look at that face :)
I thought it might be fun to let Gaines play in the rain last night. But of course my little OCD baby did not like getting his face wet and couldn't figure out how to hold the umbrella :)
Now on to a busy weekend of more birthday party preparation :)



Gaines is adorable! I love his little umbrella & boots!
ReplyDeleteSo glad that we did the 5K :)