Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Book Review #2

I really can't believe it. I read another book on my list within just a couple of weeks! I am pretty proud of myself :) And I must say it was another great and encouraging read. I might try to share some of my thoughts as I progress through my reading list. I am now currently reading Desperate, but its going a little slower.

1. Greater by Steven Furtick
2. Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst
3. Desperate by Sarah Mae and Sally Clarkson
4. Not a Fan by Kyle Idleman
5. Soul Detox by Craig Groeschell
6. The Circle Maker
7. Praying Circles around your Children
8. Bringing Up Boys
9. Sheparding a Child's Heart
10.Beyond Ordinary: When a Good Marriage Just isn't Good Enough 
11. Mission of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson
12. Sun Stand Still by Steven Furtick
13. Let it Go by Karen Ehman
14. Stressed Less Living  
15. Taking Joy to Heart 
16. Lineage of Grace and The Man of Lions by Francine Rivers
(have yall heard of the last author?? my hair girl said they are really good. 
Fiction, historical settings, biblical characters and themes..)

Today's review is on:

There it is. Not. Food. Hard words for this girl to hear. But the thought and act of craving God like I crave food is life changing. The book starts out talking about 'finding your want to'. I can be the queen of excuses! That sincere 'want to' has found few seasons in my life. She talks about spiritual malnutrition and God providing the 'want to'. She talks about cravings (1 John 2:15-16) and trying to meet all of our physical and personal desires outside the will of God. Then, she made some real statements. Some that I can make from my own heart. "I relied on food more than I relied on God. I craved food more than I craved God. Food was my comfort. Food was my reward. Food was my joy. Food was what I turned to in times of stress, sadness and happiness." 

Favorite thoughts and quotes:
"Define your week by obedience, not by a number on the scale"
"Compromise built upon compromise equals failure"








No comments:

Post a Comment