Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July Update

I haven't blogged much during July, but I do want give a run down on what we have been up to and how much Gaines is changing. We started July off with an adult vacation. Scott and I and our best friend couple headed to the beach. The other people that were supposed to join us backed out at the last minute. So the four of us had a condo to ourselves...24 hours a day for 3 days. Which equals zero time at the beach. You heard it. It rained no STORMED the entire time. We got an hour or two of sunshine on the 4th after we arrived. Friday and Saturday...we ate. ATE. Went out for each meal. All of it was delicious. Finally, Saturday afternoon (in the rain) we decided beach or die. So we sat in the cold rain with our feet in the sand. Needless to say, we only lasted about an hour. I mentioned these were close friends. Well, we became even closer. A little arguing here and there. Some might even call it a bad vacation...we will make up for it though :)


I have also been traveling a lot for work this month which is no fun. But Gaines and I have made up for it. We have had lots of fun playing and exploring. Gaines got another haircut and even sat in the big boy seat all alone! I have a photo documentation below of our special moments. Gaines has really grown up this summer. His mind is expanding to say the least. One day he surprises me and the next he tops it again. He is a wiz at the iPad...puzzles, matching games, counting - you name it he does it and loves it. He can identify the largest and smallest objects. I have been trying to remember all the funny stuff Gaines is saying these days...

(I reach for Gaines' milkshake) "No, Mama." 

(He points) "Drink your Coke."

Me: "Are you a Mama's boy?"

Gaines: "No. I Richie's boy."

His favorite phrase and response for anything: " No. I not. I not like it."


Me: "Are you ready Freddie?"

Gaines: "I not Freddie."

Me: "You're a silly willy."

Gaines: "I not siwwy wiwwy. You a siwwy wiwwy."

Tonight's conversation:
Gaines: "Daddy home?"
Me: "No. Daddy went with Mr. Matthew to his farm to put out hay."
Gaines: "I want to go to farm."
Me: "Well maybe Daddy can take you to see Brad and Parker."
(after a few minutes)
Gaines: "I want to go to farm."
Me: "Well I don't know where the farm is."
Gaines: "Find it Mama."
Me: "Well I can't"
Gaines: "Fah-arm?? Where are you??"

A little fried chicken and corn :)


I finally finished his 2nd smocked outfit!

Finding rocks down the street

Hide and seek is our new favorite game!


Playing ball


Gaines had 'birthday' on the brain so we made a spontaneous cake!

Visiting the Rose Garden

Getting ready for SCHOOL!!!



1 comment:

  1. So cute!

    Sorry you had such a crappy adult vacation :( Better luck next time!

    ReplyDelete