Day 3, Saturday, February 8th. Happy Birthday Dee!! Considering it was the last day, I wanted to head out early again. We got a good bit of snow during the night and more to come during the day. We knew it would be crowded on the slopes. This was the first good snow Park City had seen this year. We documented our last bus ride to Deer Valley!
Scott was a little more determined to like skiing and get the hang of it. We all kind of split up that morning. Scott did his own thing. Anna and I did our own thing. Emily, Dee and Parker did their own thing. This is me standing in front of Stein Erickson Lounge where we had lunch the day before. I was on the bottom step and snow was up to knees. I was loving it! This building was on a little ridge looking over other mountains and slopes. It had a gorgeous view.
After a couple of hours, we all met up again. The more experienced started to prod us again to try a different run. Anna and I scouted it out and decided "Ontario" was our best bet since none of us were doing Success again! This was the lift to Ontario!!! It was snowing hard and the lines were long.
So Ontario is at the very top of the Resort and we ski down the whole mountain. I was super nervous. It started out very slow and not steep. It was actually the prettiest run we saw. It was what you envisioned if you were skiing in the mountains. There was really one steep hill that was tricky. Here Anna busted it. There was a good six inches of powder snow that was hard to deal with.
Scott and Dee
Scott and Dee (looking back up the run)
This was my absolute favorite view.
And we made it to the bottom!
We skied Ontario a couple of times and took a short snack break for lunch. We went back out to Ontario...my thighs were completely shot! They were so weak. I am terrified of falling and getting out of control. So when I ski and literally go from side to side which makes you more tired. I didn't think I was going to make it to the bottom. I broke off from the group and went and hung out in the Stein Erickson Lodge for a break. Scott finally figured the whole ski thing out and he was in love! I was so glad he turned the corner. Anna and I decided we were done. Scott decided he wanted to go down Success one more time...without falling this time!!
He did it!! And ready to book the next trip!
Great decision! Great vacation! Great friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment