I have had a lot of anxiety about Gaines starting preschool this year. I am not real sure why. I am excited about his new adventure. We decided last year to go ahead and send him to Magnolia Heights for 3k which was against what I always said. I thought he would go to the church preschool for 2k and 3k and maybe switch for 4k and 5k. My thinking was based on loosing my baby to the big school. I didn't think I was ready to send him to big boy school where he would stay until he was 18 at the young age of 3! It also broke my heart thinking about him in a uniform. But something changed...not sure what or why. Scott wasn't even working on me. He really stepped back and kind of let me make the decision. I knew it would be best for Gaines, but have still been sad about sending him off to 'the school' forever.
Some of what was giving me anxiety was just the unknown and the unfamiliar. Scott kind of had the upper hand here being that he went to Magnolia his entire life and everyone in his entire family has gone here. Granted a lot has changed since Scott went here, but sometimes its the basics that can make you feel comfortable from years past or just enough unknown to throw a wrench in it! I've got the wrench. We are also switching Gaines from 3 days of school to 5 days. This also I think is the right decision, but I have the biggest fault of worry and second guessing. Because if its 5 days...well there is really no wiggle room if he doesn't like school!! :o
Gaines has been asking about school for weeks and ready. So ready. The fact that the school was closed and teachers were on vacation only held him off for a little while. Then, we started again. One thing with Gaines, I can't really give him a heads up on something exciting or he will. not. let. it. rest. Will. Not. On "Meet the Teacher" day, I had some professional pictures made and sent him home for a nap. He was still asleep when I got home. I let him sleep as late as I could while giving him plenty of time to get out of his 'grumpy' mood! He wasn't just too excited. But it was a good night!!
Checking out the backpack...
Not feeling the pictures....AT ALL
About as good as it gets :)
Going to meet our new teacher!!
We got to the school and found his class!
He wasn't too sure about walking in...more like not going to walk in :) I had to carry him. It took him a few minutes to get down and play. He had a good time. Here is his cute class...
Of course, Jack was posed and ready....Gaines was clowning around!
We had to work on getting Gaines in the picture!
Specifically, Ms. Sonny had to promise not to touch him :)
Specifically, Ms. Sonny had to promise not to touch him :)
We are so excited for our teachers!!!
Look out 3K, here we come...
No comments:
Post a Comment