After Meet the Teacher, we went out for supper and got home way past Gaines' bedtime. I thought he would be tired and grumpy Friday morning. Well, he woke up at 6.30 raring to go. I found myself getting on to him all morning...he was acting crazy and all over the place. Then, I realized this must be excitement! He was pumped!! Less than thrilled with all the pictures I was taking and ready to hit the road. I bet he asked a million times if we could go yet. We all rode together. Gaines kept saying that we weren't going to work. We were staying with him. I was nervous how this would play out...
We taught him how to make his bed that morning :)
OCD and backpack problems
Pouting
"What does your shirt say?"
Hands in the pockets are killing me....KILLING ME!
He was determined to squat with us.
He was not as interested in the back pack as he was last year. This year was ALL about the lunchbox. The Lunchbox!!! Didn't let it out of his sight and packed enough food for a week.
We made it! Mini Magnolia...
Showing Ms. Kristy his lunchbox :)
He first went to the table and started opening the lunchbox...ready to eat!
We had to move him to the toys:)
Too busy for another picture with Mama!
After this, Ms. Kristy took our family picture. Gaines vamped back to the toy corner. I was torn whether to go back and tell him bye or slip out. I had to tell him bye and give him a kiss. Don't know if he really even heard me. It was so much easier process than I thought. He was excited! I didn't cry...there were a few tears wanting to come when Scott and I were waiting to exit the campus and reminiscing about 2k. Scott was the one that wanted to cry last year! This year bothered me much more than last. But we made it!
He had a great day. And had a special visitor pick him up...POP! I think he liked that. I couldn't get much out of him about what they did or what he liked. The one thing he told me was that "McCormick had goldfish in his lunchbox". I don't even know if he ate with McCormick, but that was the most believable story I got! Ms. Sonny sent me a text that night and told me he had a good day which was a relief. One other story...apparently they were introducing everybody's name. They said Gaines Crockett...we don't know if it was Jack or Gaines that announced that was the wrong name. It was now Gaines Burke! I am not sure what we will do with these boys!!
2014 3-k
No comments:
Post a Comment