Friday, September 12, 2014

Obsessed with Soccer

Let's just start this by saying...eating your words is not fun. I have gotten to the stage where its more and more common! I don't like it! I have been fusing and fusing about youth league sports and spending all your time doing it and no family time and rushed night time schedules and ... and... and. I wasn't ready for it. Especially at age 3. Not to mention my little baby that is less than aggressive. I thought he would hate it and cry. 


My tune changed rather quickly. Our friends were coaching the younger team and asked if Gaines was going to play. I didn't even know signups had started and ended. I asked Scott, and he thought it was good idea. So we did. I would not have done it with any other coach. It has helped a lot with Gaines knowing and liking the coach. He really thinks its just his and Mr. Matthew's team. We go with it. 

Fast forward to:

The first practice....I was amazed. He stood in line and minded the coaches and was very attentive. Let's just say the water breaks kill me:) And he...he was in love. 





Huddle up

 Partner time







Go TEAM!!!




The second practice.....he was super excited to get back out there. The last little bit of practice they played a scrimmage. I think his feet were glued in place. He was waiting for the next direction to follow. I guess he doesn't learn by watching! I caught myself hollering and telling him to run and get the ball. I didn't like myself. I just want him to learn to enjoy it and not me yelling at him. Mental note.

The GAME.....he didn't really understand the difference - except that he got to wear his spiffy little jersey with the #3!! We prepared our spectators for the lack of movement they were about to see. He did better than we thought. Although, he never got close to the ball. The few changes the ball made it his way, he walked away from it while the others fought for it. Let's just say he had the back field covered! As soon as a play was over, he was looking for Coach Matthew and went back to his side. Once he realized the took breaks and had to sit out, he got easily side tracked with playing and less interested in the game. He did go back in for the team high-fives and good game!





 His many positions on the field

Where's my team??

 Sub-time

Gaines got to 'throw in'!!


Game over!!

I am happy he loves it and gets excited about it. He loves a water break...he thinks he is really doing something. He talks so cute about it. 

Here is to fall soccer! 
Soccer = 1
Mama = 0 

No comments:

Post a Comment