Well, hello September. August was a disappointing blog month. Although, I had some posts in the planning mode, they never made it to the computer.... so stay tuned for some belated posts in the coming days/weeks/months. However long it really takes. I really can't believe it is September much less Labor Day weekend has come and gone. I really have not been able to keep up with time this past month.
We didn't really make any "Labor Day" plans per say. One of my best friends from college was getting married that Saturday in Missouri. So I new I would be traveling north. At Scott's work, everyone has to work the Land Bank tailgate tent in Starkville for one game a season, i.e. haul everything across town, set up, food, tv, drinks, whole nine yards. We don't really communicate much so the second I got the invitation was the second I found out about this being his 'work' weekend. I never asked the wedding date because I knew I would go no matter when. Well, unfortunately, I went by myself to this one. Scott wasn't able to change his work to another week. The trip was not bad at all 3.5 hours to Perryville. Missouri had some pretty countryside and farmland. The wedding was at lunch and then the reception/dinner was that night. It was a great day! It gave us, that weren't in the wedding, a little more visiting time in between. These are some very special people from college in the picture (and others that aren't pictured). All great guys. We are very happy for Ryan and Danielle and wish them the best.
So that was Saturday. I woke up early Sunday and decided to drive on back home. I was home before 11. My family was heading over to the cabin after church. So I switched out my dirty clothes, grabbed my boots, and headed for Myrtle. We had a good time. This is the first time Gaines has been in over a year I think. He was much more intune with cabin life and able to do with the big kids.
Let's do this...
Who doesn't fish in their pageant dress?
Cheering somebody on
I would say this says it all...but there is so much to say in ones to come...
Redneck swimming...Gaines was not having it
He preferred to wear his boots and let them fill up with water as long as he didn't have to touch the mud!
The after party...
Going on a 45 minute rest
A rough looking crew
We might should have that bottle of water tested...
We might should have that bottle of water tested...
Monday morning Bailey got the first fish of the weekend.
We did a little 'spring cleaning' in the fall. Gaines thought this was awesome.
Gaines' turn to fish.
Love.
A little foosball...he is obsessed with the men
Hollering and looking for the big kids
Round 2 in the swimming pool.
This was a pretty typical moment.
Gaines won and got to go on another ride with Uncle Rich.
The lack of a life jacket here was giving me a panic attack.
The lack of a life jacket here was giving me a panic attack.
He finally decided it was time to try the swimming thing out...
...in the middle of the lake...on a jon boat
We were all in shock when he just takes off, worry free, hands in the air!
He wasn't even freaking out at this point.
I. might. have. been.
(Gaines in the back, Emily doing the backstroke to the bank, and Kate & B wrestling.)
He was loving it until...
his feet hit the mud.
One very tired boy.
Thanks for a great weekend Mammaw and Gran-Mike.
2014
2011 Throwback
2012 Labor Day Throwback
2013 Throwback - too busy for a group shot
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment