Saturday, June 20, 2015

THE Wrath and Getting a sibling

... Crockett's life during pregnancy ...

The Pregnancy Wrath, I don't really remember being a problem five years ago. But since then, a mama's wrath just comes natural. You mess with my boy or say one ill word about him, and I am liable to pounce. Maybe not directly on you but I surely won't forget it. I have had four years experience with this so maybe THE WRATH this go round is just an extension. 

It's only come out a couple of times. And really just this month. The first time was at the beach. Even though I was 8 months pregnant I was really looking forward to the beach. I had already "planned" a relaxing week. Yes, I had to use plan and relax in the same sentence. I usually have to make myself. Its an effort. I was 'planning' to go-with-the-flow. This year we got our own house instead of a condo. We had one house on each side of us. One of those was a duplex full of Cajuns from Louisiana and their kids. About the second night they were partying it up good. It was really late...about 10pm ;) I was fighting with trying to get Gaines to go to sleep. All I could hear was their music vibrating the wall and the women screaming. At some point, Gaines wouldn't stop asking "why those people were screaming" and "what was that noise out his window". What is a mother to do? Why, of course, go out on the front porch and stare at them until they notice. And wait for one of them to say "we have an audience". Then wait for them all to stare at me. I didn't yell. But I used the obnoxious hand gesture and said you're just a tad too loud. Then I proceeded to ask Scott to call security. Well, he had a little more sense than to rattle some Cajuns. Come to find out he didn't call, but the other neighbors did. They all thought I was out of line. I agree. I have very well been the people having fun outside that window. I would have loved to share in their drinks but I couldn't. So keep it down!

Today, Gaines took a late nap. I was really tired while putting him down, but then started getting a second wind. I have to make myself lay down recently. If I don't rest on the weekend, I pay for it during the week. So I went to sleep for about an hour. Only to be awakened by someone banging on the door. Not once, not twice, but three times after very long pauses in between. Afraid they were not going away, I went and had a peek. Yes, the persistent guy was still on my porch. I thought about going back to bed, but then realized if he woke my sleeping baby I might hurt him. I put my face to the glass and used hand motions again! :o The neck slicing...as in cut it out. And then motioned for a sleeping baby. He still came at the window like he was going to change my mind. That would call for another hand motion...stop, and no, you're not coming closer. Word to the wise....you've all heard don't wake a sleeping baby. And don't wake a woman 8 month pregnant. And don't blare music at 10pm outside my baby's window. 

I've realized just this month Gaines is really acting different. We have been struggling for a couple months just with his silly, crazy, nonsense side. I was very on edge the month of May. I was tired of him hitting my stomach constantly and bucking and jumping all over me. I am sure he started to sense it. Well, he has become a super needy, on my heels, can't leave the room, I don't want Daddy, little guy this month. He wants me to hold him, carry him like a baby, etc. etc. He has started apologizing if he bumps into my stomach or if something hits it. I think he is already feeling pushed out of my lap. He still tries to get in there daily. So I have made the room. I have held him like a baby. I have done so much extra cuddling - however much he asks for. I have held his hand as we walk across the house. I refuse all apologizes toward my stomach no matter how much it hurts. 

I have really thought all along he would be 'okay' come August. I don't know how he will react. I don't how many issues and fake sicknesses he will have. But I do know he is super excited about this baby. He talks so sweet about her. But it does hurt to think he is already sensing his life changing. So I am trying to make it as normal as possible for the next month. I really don't mention Anne Walker until he does, and he does often these days. My plan is take a full day off work with each doctor appointment in July and do something fun with him before hand. A day away from daycare and a few more Mama-Gaines days. ;(

Along with all Gaines' other changes, he has become obsessed with babies in the tummy. At any point he is playing with a stuffed animal, it ends up inside his shirt. He talks about it a lot. And his toys also have babies in their tummies. Tonight, we played stuffed animals. All three puppies had babies in their tummies. Then, they had to go to the doctor to get checked. Dr. Mickey got up close and personal with those babies and delivered each one. Baby bear named Anne Walker, baby monkey named Duckling, and baby frog named Thomas. Easy and quick. Maybe Dr. Mickey can be my doctor!


No comments:

Post a Comment