Because I have a million other things to be doing or other things to be blogging about, I chose this random topic. It's all in a namesake.
We like family names. And we really don't mind reusing other people's names. With my family as big as it is, we all share names in some way, shape or form. We didn't have a lot of trouble naming Gaines. I was a little worried about Scott's family reaction to using their names, but we went with it. Before we knew he was a boy we had a harder time coming up with a girl name. There was one I liked but we couldn't find a good second name. Plus, I really wanted to use my name. We had sorta decided on Anne Walker. This time around Scott liked it even more so it was an easy decision.
Robert Gaines Crockett
Gaines is named after:
His daddy Scott Gaines Crockett
His Gran-Mike Robert Michael Bailey
His great-granddaddy Robert Andy Bailey
His great-great granddaddy Robert Edward Bailey
His uncle Robert Brooks Lishman
His great-great uncle Robert Gaines
Anne Walker Crockett
Anne Walker is named after:
Her mother Margaret Anne Crockett
Her Mammaw Elizabeth Anne Bailey
Her great-mammaw Elizabeth Anne Caldwell
Her great-granddaddy Joseph Walker Caldwell, Jr
Her great-great granddaddy Joseph Walker Caldwell, Sr
Along with another great uncle and several other cousins
No comments:
Post a Comment