Wednesday, October 7, 2015

A Genius

We all think our kids are genius. I know. Well, Gaines really is :) While Anne Walker is growing and doing all kinds of 2 month stuff, this is Gaines' post to shine. 

This afternoon when we got home from work and school, Gaines wanted to play outside. I let him do the sidewalk chalk while I got dinner ready and was dealing Anne Walker. I walk outside to check on him and he is talking to himself. "Duh, duh, duh..." He kept saying. "Rwa-uf, rwa-uf, rwa-uf...." I asked him what he was doing. Then I saw the evidence. Gaines had written his first sentence!! :) You will have to follow along closely in the picture because I don't think these videos show up on phones. 

Read from Left to Right....

"Gaines Mama R AT D D RWW"

Translation:
"Gaines (and) Mama R AT D (duh) D (duh) RWW (rrwah)"
The last part doesn't make sense. I couldn't get him to go any farther. All I can figure is we had just watched some show with Ruff Ruff and .... I forget the other name. But he and I were "playing with them".



He is LOVING preschool. He sounds everything out and wants to know how to spell everything! He can spell "cat" by himself. The other day he was playing with our alphabet magnets and spelled "gun" by sounding it out then changed it to "gum" by himself. So that's right my baby is a genius!!

No comments:

Post a Comment