Tuesday, February 9, 2016

School Projects

Gaines has had a couple of school projects lately. He was pumped about each of them!

His school celebrates 100 days of school. The 4k is supposed to make and decorate a super hero cape with 100 items on it. Well, there is no cape to be made that does not involve Ninja Turtles. GO TMNT!!! Good idea Gaines but what will be the 100 items ???? So I tried to change his mind. Surely, he will go for a MSU cape with 100 footballs. Because that is easy peasy. He wasn't buying it. So we go online and pick out his ninja fabric. He was very adamant about the ninja print. I followed his lead and had the fabric shipped to the house. Lazy. I was worried about the type of fabric but he wasn't budging. Turns out it was perfect for flowing, flying cape. I let him help design and make. We both decided he needed thumb holes. Scott said capes don't have thumb holes. But if you want to fly really fast and catch the wind under your arms, you need thumb holes. And what other 100 items would you do than PEPPERONIS!!! Gaines was thrilled with it! He was really upset the next day...Day 101. Why did he have to go to school? Weren't they done with school?? I told him he had about 80 more to go. Not a happy camper!!!









Project No. 2 is for his Valentines this week. We had to decorate a shoebox. Once we delivered them on yesterday, he came home and told me what everyone else's looked like. I think he knew we were slackers. He said there were some really cool ones. But I was proud of him decorating his box. He also sat at that table and wrote out each Valentines for his class. He would not get up until he was finished with all 16!


Of course it's green and ninjas!

These were fun but I am not looking so forward to years to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment