Sunday, February 7, 2016

Six months and Sittin'

I can NOT believe Anne Walker turned six months yesterday! Obviously we all think, know and say 'it flies by'. But you really don't comprehend it until you are in it. She is so much fun. She smiles all the time and hollers talks all day. I don't think she fulfills our hope of the quiet child. Gaines is SO in love with her. Many times I am so over him rubbing her, petting her, pulling her, grabbing her, kissing her, etc, etc. But he really is sweet. And she LOVES him right back. She lights up when she sees him. She loves her Daddy too! She also has learned to give kisses!!! So sweet and snotty!



She celebrated this half birthday week with a double ear infection, very little sleep, and learning to sit up! We had to postpone our check up because we are on antibiotics. But on Tuesday she did weigh a whopping 16 pounds 14 ounces! I can't wait to see if she is still in the 10th percentile of height when we go back! She loves all food. She has tried all fruits and we are on our last veggie this weekend - peas. So far she loves them too. I even fed her some baby yogurt and gave her a couple of puffs. She may have gagged and scared Scott to death. But they do disintegrate in the esophagus...right? I walked in on Gaines feeding her some laying down because she was crying and obviously hungry. Note to self: keep the puffs in the pantry. 



She has been working on sitting up since Christmas. She has got the stomach muscles! Just this weekend I have left her unsupported from my leg for a few minutes at a time. She has done good. We just had one fall back incident that gave her a little whip lash. I do put the boppy pillow behind her now to brace her fall. I pulled out some of Gaines' toys for this age. She has loved them. 




The other night on like hour number 3 or 4 since we had been awake, I finally ask Scott, "do you hear that?" She was sawing her gums with that squeaky pacifier. I think its safe to say she may be teething. She gives some teething rings hell! Excuse my language. 

She is wearing size 6 month clothes and size 3 diaper. She has a booty and thighs like her brother. She loves a snuggie and requires one by each ear when sleeping. She is tired of the swaddling. We don't truly swaddle but we do wrap a blanket around her arms. We stopped this a like month 4 with Gaines. But we were still going strong with her until this week. The only way she will go to sleep since she has been sick is in my arms. Which is a complete 180 because she usually likes laying down by herself to sleep. So I haven't swaddled this week. 



Like I said earlier, she smiles at everyone! Except Gran-Mike. She sees him one morning a week. She is stone face the entire time. Of course he is making some crazy face at her. One day, he was trying to give me marching orders for the day. She starts hollering talking. Of course, he can't handle little ones so he stops talking. She stops so he starts back. She starts hollering talking again. This goes on. I think he has met his match. That's scary!

She also sat in a high chair for the first time today! Heellloooo, Mexican!!!


Happy 6 months Anne Walker!!!

(a couple of new blogs below)

No comments:

Post a Comment