Challenge time. I made a challenge to myself last week to uncover the joyful blessings in my life and record them. My personality is one to get so wrapped up in the little, trivial things that I miss many special moments. For many years, I have just written it off as 'me'. Lately (well the past 16 months), I have written it off as the 'me adjusting to motherhood'. I was so overwhelmed by the lack of control I had and my weaknesses and failures were laid out in the open. Not good. I don't like to see those; I see them enough on the inside. I was in a good funk for many, many, many months.
Recently, I have found some very encouraging blogs on motherhood and finding (not just finding but taking notice of) the joy in your life. I realized...I am not the only one! I am not the only mom who looses it every once in awhile. I am not the only wife who critizes my husband for something so stupid. I am not the only woman who has a 'to-do-list' a mile long. I am not the only one who gets off track when a bump comes along. I think this challenge will be good for me. However, I started thinking this will be a weekly thing...track my blessings for the week. Last week was easy; blessings were obvious.
What I didn't account for was the bumpy times. The times when this challenge may be daily and sometimes an hourly committment. The bad moods, the blah feelings, the stressful days, the uncontrollable events, the cranky baby, etc. Life. God's blessings are still obvious. He hasn't gone anywhere. His plan hasn't changed. I have changed. There was a rock on the track and slightly knocked my lifetrain over the rail. When I let one thing bother me, it is hard to get control on the next. I started to run in a circle. Faster, faster, and faster. It's hard to see the blessings and stay focused as you are spinning. When you are dizzy, everything is blurry.
God said, "Until now, you have asked for nothing in my name". But I did God. "Until NOW [today, this minute] you have asked for nothing in my name." Slow down. "Be still and know that I am God." "Come near to me."
So my challenge may not be as easy as I thought it would. As easy as other bloggers make it appear to be once they get off the train or come-to from the dizzy spell. But God did reveal in me that when (not if) I have struggles in motherhood, when I feel weak, when I need help, "ask in My name".
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That was written earlier this week. But I felt it would be a lie not to post it first. I did regain my vision shortly after composting the draft above.
So on to my blessings this week...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That was written earlier this week. But I felt it would be a lie not to post it first. I did regain my vision shortly after composting the draft above.
So on to my blessings this week...
Something about this gives me a breath of fresh air.
Gaines thought the baby pumpkins were so much fun.
...Halloween costume for $11 :)...
so excited to make Gaines' this year
I have looked forward to this since I made one for my niece years ago.
I am so glad I started sewing again. Hard to find the time but very rewarding. Can't wait to start on Gaines' Christmas attire :) Here is Gaines helping me with the latest pattern...
We were finally able to visit with wonderful friends this afternoon. Always hard to find the time during different work schedules, nap times, and family. No pictures...but fun! Blessed to have friends with babies the same age. Can't wait to watch them grow up.
I have been wanting family pictures for so long but with a husband who hates a camera and a one year old who won't stay still...not the best combination. Well, the weather worked out this morning to be perfect - cold but perfect. I think - hope - they turned out great. There are some good ones of Gaines and Gaines and Scott together. Hopefully some of the three of us turned out. But I love those special pictures of father and son. So sweet! Gaines has such a love for his Daddy. Lights up when Scott is around and vice versa.
We are so blessed to have such a healthy baby. I have been reminded of that so many times this week. Gaines is such a sweet, loving, smart, active, fiesty, little boy.
and he is growing up!


I am so glad my blog helps you feel better!!! I am a nutcase and a half. Add another child to your mix and you will really feel it!!! Ahhhh the joys of motherhood and life!!! I wouldn't trade it for the world.
ReplyDelete