I am not sure how to do the whole trick-or-treat thing 'for real'. The last two years we have just hit up the grandparents and that did us (and Gaines) in. Last year, I don't know if Gaines was already getting sick or he just hated the costume on his head, but he wasn't his usual happy self. This year on Halloween we have already started our ear infections for the winter season. Gaines has not been happy. at. all. Nonetheless, we suited up, took our dinner in the car, and headed out.
And that was the last of the ears....
At Scott's parents, Gaines preferred to take each piece of candy out of the bowl one by one and put it back in. Sorting is definitely his thing. Next year, I am guessing he will be eating each piece one by one and leave no leftovers for Pop. We played for a bit and then decided to leave before all the goodness wore off.
Gaines wasn't too happy about leaving again, but we bribed him....with 'E'. Usually to get Gaines to cooperate in the car, I can say 'we are going to find daddy'. Lately, he has been OBSESSED with his cousin Emily. If we talk about 'E', he is ready to go! So we talked about 'E' the whole way across town.
Gaines wasn't too happy about leaving again, but we bribed him....with 'E'. Usually to get Gaines to cooperate in the car, I can say 'we are going to find daddy'. Lately, he has been OBSESSED with his cousin Emily. If we talk about 'E', he is ready to go! So we talked about 'E' the whole way across town.
We headed over to my sister's house. She had a big get-together this year. Chili, family, friends, cookies, trick-or-treating, the works. Gaines had a great time hanging out inside. I think it was just enough going on he forgot about his ears. He had a blast. We didn't get home until after 8pm which is past his bedtime, and he still thought it was time to play. I don't even remember what time we got to bed that night.
Halloween 2011 Flashback
Just started sitting up last Halloween...so much changes in a year!
No comments:
Post a Comment