Sunday, August 11, 2013

Meet the Teacher - 2k

Back in the spring I was nervous about sending Gaines to 2k preschool. I was worrying about how many days to send him, consecutive days or alternating days, about napping when staying there all day, etc. Gaines is peculiar about some things. I think (because who really knows!) he likes a schedule so I was worried alternating back and forth from daycare to school would be confusing. We went with three days in a row. And who knows if he will care or not. I just couldn't picture him being four months older in age and maturity. By August, these details don't worry me as much. He gets excited when you talk about school. And I know he is ready - I just hope for everybody's sake he naps!!!


Loading up (can't forget the snuggie)
Gaines got new snuggies to take to school too. He was probably most excited about them than anything else!

Today, we went to meet Gaines' new teachers. We had a cram packed Sunday with church, lunch, birthday party and 'Meet the Teacher' - all before nap time. I was afraid he would be a little ornery, but we made it through. He wasn't excited about talking to any adults, but loved playing with some new puzzles. And he talked to a few new friends.

I was really excited to see his class list. I only knew of a couple of other kids from church that would be in his class. I am still stuck in baby mode when you categorize children by their 'age'. Its easy to forget that kids born a year earlier can be in his class. Its now time to transition to 'school year age'. This is a great group. There was only a couple I didn't know. 





New puzzles!!!


This is Pax. Gaines has met him before and played with him at Mammaw's house. 
Gaines better start eating because all these boys in his class can eat him alive!


Typical Gaines pose...resting. 
Giving Pax's Daddy the 'look'


He was actually having so much fun he didn't want to leave. But little treats like suckers from the teachers can always do the trick!
 

Here's to a new day tomorrow!! First day of Preschool!!

No comments:

Post a Comment