Monday, October 13, 2014

GO BULLDOGS!!

We decided to make history before history began...
6.30am, Saturday, October 11, 2014

We left home at 6.30 am for the State v Auburn game in Starkville. It was supposed to be a BIG game since State was undefeated. Scott was overly worried about traffic as usual. When we arrived, I got it. We were there a good 4.5+ hours before the game started. This was the earliest we had gotten to a game. Gaines was antsy within 30 minutes. We took a few walks.


 We walked over to see Game Day. This was the closest we could get. We arrived just as Coach Mullen was finishing his TV interview. He brushed right past us. I was trying to get my phone working....just in time for a back shot. 


We hung out at the tent a little longer. At about 12.30 or so, I decided we had way too long to wait and Gaines needed some distraction. So I thought it would be fun to get some Mississippi State ice cream. Gaines and I started across the Junction. The crowd was un.be.liev.able. I felt like we were in a mosh pit. Once we made it to the other side, we saw Bully! I couldn't believe it. There was no line. Gaines was excited until he had to actually sit in his lap....I was forced to get in the picture too. We finally made it to the ice cream shop....lasted a few minutes and headed back. All to discover the mob was still there. This is what we would call "The Dawg Walk". Yes, it was more people than before. No one was moving. It was loud...lots of cowbells....and hot. We made it back to the tent just in time to get ready for the game.



As usual, Gaines was ready to go when the game started. We got him headphones that didn't really help all that much. He finally got sidetracked and played with a little boy in front of us. They were cute. We made it to half time and the rain came. A good mom like me brought my rain jacket but not Gaines'. My thought was to wrap him in mine. Then I realized he had a change of clothes......and I didn't. We hung out in the corridor till the rain stopped and went back out. We stayed for another sprinkle in the 3rd quarter. When the next down pour came, we were out. We should've stayed since we made it that far. 



Everyone was in awe at the end of the game!!




No comments:

Post a Comment