Saturday, May 2, 2015

Monster Truck Birthday

For months, Gaines has been asking for a monster truck birthday. If you know me, you know my evolution on birthday parties the last four years and how I am trying to simplify....just in time for his age to start gearing up for birthday parties! He is all about some friend celebration. But last year went so good, I tried it again this year. Gaines really wanted to invite more friends. It was hard cutting it off at 5, but I stuck to my guns trying to convince him his other friends would be at his school party. I didn't stress out, kept it simple, and followed through with his one request...monster truck cake!


I did eat some words today. I hate bounce houses. That's strong I know. But I think they are over rated. Gaines has never been a fan either. He was always too scared and didn't like the others jumping around him. My mom and Scott mentioned getting one. I said no. They can play on the swing set and play ball. But the last couple of months, he has really done better with bounce houses and lost his fear. So with the small crowd I did it. Got a bounce house. Just one of the million ideas I will eat through this parenting journey. 

He was pretty excited though! 



They did this for about 15 minutes....




And Gaines decided he wanted to play inside....
???? REALLY?????
I was slightly prepared. I had monster truck coloring sheets. 

Cake time!!!
All those boys...with 3 trucks on a cake. There were some sticky fingers! Everybody wanted to drive the trucks on the cake. 




The only one not cooperating for the picture was the Birthday Boy!


We gave him his present early in order to prepare him for his first Tee Ball practice this week. The poor boy was going on fumes but he managed a few swings. 





Of course we always forget a family picture...
We love you Gaines. Turning 4 is really big for me. I keep telling myself he can't do that he's 3; he's not ready for that he's 3; he's 3, he's 3, he's 3. He's not 3. I am not getting sad but trying to prepare myself for this new phase!

No comments:

Post a Comment