Friday, May 29, 2015

Update on the girl front

So far this month the posts are all about Gaines. As they should be! :) But we must squeeze in one update for Anne Walker. Last time we talked, we were measuring 3 weeks big. I went back to the doctor last week for my 28 week check up. All was well. No swelling. Few pounds gained on the scale this time. Measuring 30 weeks again! Ugh! She said all was fine if you are within a couple of centimeters of your actual gestation. But we will probably check some measurements later on just to make sure she's not a monster. I drank my diabetes juice that appointment too. I thought I was going to vomit. First off, I ate a scrambled egg for breakfast. Gross. Then I swigged that flat sugar drink. Not appetizing. 

I chose not to mention the fact that I had diagnosed myself with gestational diabetes earlier in the month. There were a few times I felt absolutely awful after some high sugar content. I thought waiting a day for the actual scientific results would be good enough than to share my concerns. To my surprise, the nurse called bright and early. Since when are doctor's offices on time?? I f.a.i.l.e.d. By 3 points she said. But the doctor said my results were on such the low end with Gaines that she was not going to have me take the 2nd test. I guess that's a good thing. But for a pregnant woman it just makes you worry about the opposite. Why is she not checking? What does that mean? Could something go wrong and she not know it? How would she treat me different if I did take the test? And on and on the mind wanders. The doctor did ask that I alter my diet and we wouldn't worry about the test. 

Ugh! I mean I am trying (good enough) not to gain weight this go round. Have you seen the diet list for gestational diabetes. One sentence: no cereals, no grains, etc. Next sentence: eat cereals and whole grains. For me the diet was very limited. I have tried regardless. It has been okay this week. Lots of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I have even...wait for it....switched to almond milk. I am NO health nut. Where do these people get off thinking milk is so bad for you these days? Anyway, I cut it out. Almond milk on my cereal. Its very different. A few gag refluxes later, I got my bowl of grape nuts down. 

Anne Walker and I also started our 2 week appointments. That is unreal. Unreal. I am freaking out. Freaking. Out. Nothing is done. We are going on vacation in 2 weeks which I am pumped about. But all I can think is when we get home, countdown is ON! I bought a few more pajamas online this week in bigger sizes. So my purchase total is still under 10 items for little girl. My mom comes home with a new Carter's bag every couple of weeks. So I have a few smaller pajamas and a couple of pink blankets. Good enough I guess. For some reason I am stressing about the hospital outfit. I bought one to smock and sew for her. Now I am not so sure. I loved what Gaines came home in. So soft and comfy and fit perfect for 3 days old. I want to find something similar. Guess I need to go shopping! 

My real struggle right now is the room. Instead of being cleaned out which I hoped for at this point, it has actually accumulated more junk! The problem is our attic is crowded. So to move the bedroom suit to the attic, we have to do some major rearranging and cleaning out. Energy. It really all boils down to energy. And man muscles. My man is moving someone else's furniture right now! I am trying to patiently wait my turn. But realistically, patience does not exist at 29 weeks. 

Thanks for letting me ramble on. Its 6.37pm. I really want to put Gaines and Anne Walker to bed for the night. If I was positive we could make it more than 12 hours I would. May wait 23 more minutes. Good night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment