On August 6th Anne Walker Crockett celebrated her first ever birthday!
We were scheduled for a C-section at Noon on Thursday. We arrived at 10am for registration and pre-op. I spent half of the time by myself with Scott and our moms in the waiting room. Let me just say this time went much better overall. However, not having any medication in you to start this day off made the next couple of hours very nerve racking!!! I was super nervous. I almost vomited when they started my IV, and I never get sick at needles or blood. I was SOOOOO nervous thinking about what was to come. My doctor, who is always late, was actually on time. And we had the same nurse that was in charge of delivering Gaines (we loved her)! And off they wheeled me to surgery!
I was so scared getting the spinal block. Scott was with me last time and it made it easier. While they were prepping for that, I got to watch all the nurses running around getting all surgical things ready. Not calming my nerves people! The spinal block went good. I could feel it working immediately. I laid down, got super sweaty and then it started....No one was around my head to help me. I started vomiting :( I have always said that must be the worst to be in labor and throw up....well it is. The doctor was cutting on my stomach and I was puking in the oxygen mask and all over my gown. Once I stop, they bring Scott it. He thinks I am drugged and knocked completely out. But I couldn't open my eyes or I would have started balling :( After that, everything went good. My pain level was excellent and nothing like last time.
One for the books...
I hear the doctor say "I see a head and a cute little face!" And then she was crying. I remember Gaines didn't cry for awhile. She was screaming and they were doing a lot of stuff in the corner. They brought her around the curtain to show us. We looked at each other and said who is that. At the time, she looked nothing like Gaines did in delivery. And she had dark hair. We couldn't hold her and they took her back. Then, there was talk about her breathing and oxygen levels and calling NICU. We were a little worried but you couldn't help but think she is ok because her lungs were working perfectly! She screamed until they finally put her in Scott's arms. The NICU nurses came and said they thought she was fine. She just took longer to adjust to the real world, but they wanted to send her straight to the nursery for monitoring. I had to stay in recovery for 2 hours so that was lonely! But she met us in the room around 4pm. She was perfect!!
For some reason, the nurses told us 7lbs 9oz.
But clearly the scale says 7lbs 0 oz....tiny!
She did NOT like the oxygen mask!
Finally stopped screaming!
Hello world!
7lbs 0oz, 19in
Hey, I'm your Mama!
Mammaw was already playing dress up with the bonnets :)
My loves!!!!
His Round #2 :)
The Crocketts - Family of Four
No comments:
Post a Comment