As far as preparing Gaines for the upcoming week, I didn't really. He caught on and talked a lot more about Anne Walker than usual but we didn't dwell on the hospital and Mama being gone, etc., etc. What I did want was for him to do something fun on his last week with Mama and Daddy to himself. We chose the Children's Museum because it was inside. He had a good time. I could tell he was growing up. For the first time, he climbed in the skyscape. Mama was a little scared :)
The Crockett's last family portrait of three
In true Meg fashion, the rest of the week didn't live up to my expectations. I felt like I didn't love on him enough, cater to him enough, wasn't fun enough, etc. Unfortunately, my stress and last minute preparations got the best of me. This week just added to my guilt filled years with Gaines. I try to do better. Hopefully, he won't be scarred with all my mistakes.
One of our lunch dates
Soaking up naptime with my baby
Our last dinner!!! See you tomorrow Anne Walker!
No comments:
Post a Comment