Monday, October 12, 2015

Fall Breakin'

I started back to work on September 30th. I can only work 3 to 4 days a week for a couple of weeks because of all the stuff we already had planned. So its been a good slow transition so far. Although, as usual, its given me much anxiety. I have a problem with just "being". I feel guilty for not being at work and helping out after my maternity leave was technically over. But I had made a promise to myself for a year now that I would take Fall Break with Gaines. Last year I didn't take any of the holidays with him. I sent him to the daycare for every one. That was one of the points of me changing jobs, but its easy to get caught up in the work and getting stuff done. And I don't want people thinking I am a slacker! Anyway, even though I had been on maternity leave for 2 months, I turned around and took Fall Break. 

My best friend had a baby last week so I decided her 4 year old (Gaines' BFF) needed to come spend the day with us. It took a little convincing for her:) But I think she realized how much she needed the morning alone and enjoyed it:) And it worked out for me because Gaines had a playmate. A playmate for real. They were non.stop! I hope Jack took as a good a nap as Gaines did. 


Gaines was still asleep when Jack arrived so I told him to go wake Gaines up. He opened that door and said "Gaines, get up!" And what do you know Gaines jumped straight up! We could use Jack here on the weekdays! They played in his room for probably 2 solid hours. All of the million stuffed animals were sick so they used every single band-aid in our house to cover the animal's boo boos. But they were happy and I was happy. 

Around 9.30 I found them jumping off the stool in Anne Walker's room and grabbing the side of the baby bed and falling on the floor. So it was time to go outside :) If you have been to Wendy's lately, the kids meal toy is sidewalk chalk and directions for hopscotch. I thought they needed some exercise so each one got their own hopscotch. The chalk pacified them for another hour until Gaines had a meltdown because he broke his giant chalk. Jack stared at us while we tried to handle the situation!



The day was so pretty I thought a picnic was a must. I was going to take them to town but then realized they would like our pond just as much. I packed us all a lunch and we headed down the street. They pretended to fish and had a ball!


Anne Walker just followed the boys around





 Now y'all stay out of the mud ok?
Once I realized where they were standing Gaines boots were stuck. He had to leave a boot in the mud and Jack rescued his shoe for him. 

They look a little pooped!

But got wound up again for game of baseball!

Tackling is the new baseball

Happy Fall Break!!! Come back Jack!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment