I guess posting 2 month updates just in time for Anne Walker to turn 3 months is perfect. And Gaines. Well, posting a 4 year update is still okay as long as you haven't turned 5 right?
We decided to switch pediatricians when Anne Walker was born. The doctor started asking about Gaines and if he had his check up or kindergarten shots. Yes, kindergarten shots. I thought that meant when they started kindergarten. Turns out he is supposed to have them for 4k because he is in the same building with 5k. Someone could have told me. That lead to me having one appointment with eight shots for two kids. My babies' daddy kindly declined to attend this event. My mom wasn't going to miss it. I blame myself for the entire saga. I didn't prepare Gaines for the shots. And I always prepare him. For everything. But I was so worried about this being the first time to go to a new doctor I didn't want him to know he was getting shots from the new guy. It didn't go good. There were 3 nurses and 1 mama holding that sweet boy down for 5 shots!! I was not even worried about Anne Walker's shots after that.
Gaines 4 year check up at 4 years and 5 months:
They took his blood pressure which surprised me! 102/64
38 pounds - 25 to 50%
41.5 inches - 50%
He also failed the vision test so we are going to the eye doctor in a couple of weeks. He has astigmatism.
Anne Walker 2 month check up:
10lbs 14 oz - 50% (She went back to doctor at 10 weeks and weighed 12lbs.)
21.5 inches - 10 to 25% !!!
She has an umbilical cord hernia. I noticed it when it took her cord so long to fall off. I ask the doctor about it the first 2 times we visited. He said it was normal, not too large, and should heal on its own. Finally, at the 3rd visit I asked how long because there was no change. Yeah. We are talking several years! There is no health issue. Her insides didn't heal all the way and left a hole. Her intestines squeeze out of that hole. You can push them back in but they come right back out after she moves. Scott is so worried about her having an "outie" belly button. It looks like that. But her belly button is actually deep. the hernia just protrudes over it. Hopefully it will heal sooner than later.
We decided to switch pediatricians when Anne Walker was born. The doctor started asking about Gaines and if he had his check up or kindergarten shots. Yes, kindergarten shots. I thought that meant when they started kindergarten. Turns out he is supposed to have them for 4k because he is in the same building with 5k. Someone could have told me. That lead to me having one appointment with eight shots for two kids. My babies' daddy kindly declined to attend this event. My mom wasn't going to miss it. I blame myself for the entire saga. I didn't prepare Gaines for the shots. And I always prepare him. For everything. But I was so worried about this being the first time to go to a new doctor I didn't want him to know he was getting shots from the new guy. It didn't go good. There were 3 nurses and 1 mama holding that sweet boy down for 5 shots!! I was not even worried about Anne Walker's shots after that.
Gaines 4 year check up at 4 years and 5 months:
They took his blood pressure which surprised me! 102/64
38 pounds - 25 to 50%
41.5 inches - 50%
He also failed the vision test so we are going to the eye doctor in a couple of weeks. He has astigmatism.
Anne Walker 2 month check up:
10lbs 14 oz - 50% (She went back to doctor at 10 weeks and weighed 12lbs.)
21.5 inches - 10 to 25% !!!
She has an umbilical cord hernia. I noticed it when it took her cord so long to fall off. I ask the doctor about it the first 2 times we visited. He said it was normal, not too large, and should heal on its own. Finally, at the 3rd visit I asked how long because there was no change. Yeah. We are talking several years! There is no health issue. Her insides didn't heal all the way and left a hole. Her intestines squeeze out of that hole. You can push them back in but they come right back out after she moves. Scott is so worried about her having an "outie" belly button. It looks like that. But her belly button is actually deep. the hernia just protrudes over it. Hopefully it will heal sooner than later.
Two month photoshoot:
This is the dress her mama made!
She has pictures wearing it in the hospital, at 1 month, and now 2 months!
I can't even remember what she was starting to do at 2 months! Good thing I updated the baby book sooner than I blogged. She was just starting to coo and talk more. Smiling a lot at Mama. I think she is still scared of Scott's beard! She still loves her mobile and has a few favorite toys. She loves to stroll and always fall asleep. She is over the swing I think but still likes her vibrating seat. I can't get her to stay in her cradle. Gaines played in that for a long time. She likes something over her head though and would prefer to be in her bed. She had her first road trip to Jackson and did great!! Still such an awesome sleeper. Going to bed around 9.30 to 10pm and sleeps until 6. ("Sometimes 7" is what her baby book says, but now she will sleep until 8 on Saturdays!) She eats 6oz every 4 hours, 5xs a day. We did start putting cereal in her bottle at 10 weeks, but we stopped this week. She hasn't seemed to mind. Her doctor said since she is eating and growing so much she will probably be ready for some solid food before her 4 month appointment. So within the next month we will be trying that. I can't believe it! Seems crazy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment