Tuesday, December 1, 2015

It's Official

December 1. 

For the past 10 Christmases, Scott and I have had our Christmas decorations up for several days. And have probably helped both mothers decorate their trees also by the 1st. It's what we do. It's practically what we look forward to all year. 

This December 1. I have no decorations except for Gaines' tiny tree in 'his' room. We've moved. It has been a sad occasion. However, the actual process took us so long, Scott nor I have really mourned yet. And probably don't care to at this point. The sadness and potential mourning is 90% due to the time of year. If you know us, you know we are Christmas nuts. I hate Anne Walker can't spend her first Christmas in her first house. Gaines can't have all his decorations, and traditions. Not to mention I love my tree. I have the best tree. In. The. World. Today timehop gave me comfort. I have this on my phone wallpaper. Not as good as in my living room. But it will do. I know in the big scheme of things this is not important to the season but it is important to my family's traditions. 

Like I said the moving process has been a process to say the least. By day 10 and 11, we were done. Stick a fork in our backside. Over. It. Our stuff is spread over 2 houses, 2 mini storages, and 2 cities. Wow. Here are just a few pics to document our process...

In the midst of packing, I decide Anne Walker needs to try solid foods. 
She was thrilled!

Day 1

My pottery has apparently grown in the last 7 years we've been here.

Interim picture of the Storage Room number 1. 
I was proud of its neatness...I'm scared to see it now. We started chunking stuff in.

No furniture = lots of palets

After a day full of packing on my end, he needs his tree up. 
Ask and you shall receive.

You might be asking what did you pack exactly because these pics are still full of stuff. Yeah. 

And Day 2, he needed his train set out. 


The last baths on Janey Drive


The last supper. Friday, November 27th

Anne Walker's first "Christmas" on Janey Drive. 


Aaaaannddd... we're home. This kid is pumped.

The neverending, forever multiplying piles of junk on the counter.

I was so impressed with my husbands idea for storing the curtains. Rolled and wrapped in saran wrap :)

I'm gonna get my photo-op regardless


Goodbye Janey Drive. 
You were so good to us. 
We (well maybe not Scott) will miss you.

Merry Christmas!!
We will celebrate with you on the other side of the Interstate!


No comments:

Post a Comment