Friday, April 29, 2016

Memphis Zoo and Aquarium

4k had their annual field trip to the Memphis Zoo last week. I was glad to take the day off with Gaines. In the back of my mind, I planned to take Anne Walker too. I second guessed myself with rain in the forecast but the 3 of us loaded up anyway. Here we are with the annual class picture. I thought it was weird that Ms. Mary had 2 of them sit down. Then I thought well maybe its too many of them to fit all the way across. Nope. She said Gaines was shaking he was so scared he was gonna fall. Y'all. I don't know what I am going to do with him!!!! Kelsey the little girl, second from left, is his new friend/crush we will call her. She started after Christmas. After the Valentines party (which I didn't attend), all he talked about was Kelsey, how cute she was, and Kelsey's mama and how pretty she was. But....not prettier than you mama. Thanks, Gaines! We will just add her to the list because he still loves Dylan and Collins too!


I don't know where we have gotten this goofy smile from :)



Anne Walker with 2 of her brothers!

I was much more amazed at the tigers than they were.


When Gaines went to the zoo on Spring Break, all he could talk about was the baby giraffe was in its cage. Well we saw it that day! He named it Scarlett???

Anne Walker had to get in on the action :)

Kelsey with the boys. The seals were going crazy along with all the 4kers!!!

 I don't know why I am obsessed with the elephants!

So Gaines does not know that there is a petting zoo, a farm, a train....and he used to not know there was a carousel. He never lasts that long in the zoo so we make our way around to all the big animals and then we are done. They were begging to ride so I bought tickets. He didn't want to ride the carousel. He wanted to "ride" the foot massager that was sitting next to the carousel. So like a good mother I forced them to ride the fun ride. And they didn't even pick the moving animals but a bench. Such excitement. 

3k same pose...

4k same pose ... but big kids :(

Anne Walker had a good time. She started crying when we were walking out of the gate. Talk about perfect timing! After we loaded up in the car (in the rain), we are backing out and Gaines says "Mama what does that sign say? Memphis Zoo and...?" What sign? The carved out letters at the entrance to the zoo. "I don't know that long word", he said. Oh, he makes me smile! He surprises me all the time with how much he knows!!



No comments:

Post a Comment