Thursday, May 12, 2016

FIVE

FIVE. Y'all. I said FIVE. I cannot believe it!! I thought I would be more emotional. It hurts but I didn't cry. I see the changes. I see it in his face. He looks big. He talks big. His mannerisms are big. He wants to be a garbage man when he grows up. He wants to do every.single.thing.his.cousins.do. He "knows" how to do everything. He hates to practice anything but wants to be immediately good. He loves (LOVES) his little sister! He calls her Cutie which I think is precious. But to her face he calls her Cutie Pahtootie :) He is dying to be in a booster seat. I refuse. We are going shopping for a new seat but he still doesn't approve that it has to have a back to it. He loves ninja turtles. He can read. He can read really good. He loves to draw and write and cut. He still loves looking in the mirror like his daddy. He loves the gas station - favorite place to get a snack.  He is obsessed with saying bad words, like butt. He gets in trouble every time but he thinks it is funny. He thinks he should have every single item that is tested and marketed on you tube. Youtube is his favorite channel. I hate it. He is getting obsessed with the Chipmunks also. I don't like that either. He weighs 40 pounds and is 42" tall. He wears size 4 and 5 shorts depending on the ghetto length and size 5 shirts and size 6 pajamas. He pajamas have always been one size bigger for some reason. 

Normally, I would've made the 5th birthday a big shabang. But I just couldn't decide on a time or event with everything else we have going on. In addition to last weekend's festivities, we were also supposed to have plans this weekend that ended up being canceled. I had thought about the aquatic center, the park, just a few friends at the house, etc. We settled on ... nothing. I got a cake - mostly because I like to eat it. We let him blow candles out with his cousins. We brought home mexican for dinner - his favorite. And that was it. We do plan on taking him to a Redbirds game Saturday. I hope he loves it. He has seen the stadium and asked about it. So maybe! 

Here are a few pictures from his non-birthday party :)
We decorated cupcakes for his party at school. He was so proud of the Ninja Turtle rings to go on top!!


So thankful for a Pop that attends school birthday festivities while I am working!!!!! And a Mammaw and Aunt that deliver a special kids meal to his school for lunch!


 Last time to go to bed as a five year old!


He woke up to Leonardo delivering his present!


New golf clubs!!!

Anne Walker loved his paper


Leonardo loving on Anne Walker!


She helped him eat his birthday muffins!

The cake I selfishly ordered ... for myself



He was excited about being 5 regardless of a party!

We spent his birthday night at his 4k graduation :( 
More on that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment