Mini Magnolia does a Mother Goose program for the 4k graduation. Gaines was selected to be Old King Cole. We were notified of costume requirements months ago. I bought the fabric but procrastinated and procrastinated making the costume. Finally, I went with it. It was made from scratch. No pattern. Well I used pieces of a pattern that were for girl clothes and the wrong size. But it worked! The best part is that Gaines helped me design it. He choose what he wanted each piece to look like and if he wanted a belt or buttons here, etc. He was pumped about it. The crown was giving us fits. We couldn't agree and finally went with poster board and a stapler! The only thing I didn't have was shoes. I spent too much on the fabric and I wasn't about to spend $25 on Payless shoes that he would wear one time. These shoes were special - as in awful. Gaines thought otherwise. He tried them on and said "now this is what I'm talking about!" He cried when we left the store with no purchase. I couldn't decide when it was all said and done if he looked like a king or some kind of Arabian prince. Oh well. He was PROUD of that costume and PROUD of that program. He has recited that program over and over for weeks. They drilled it in those kids and it paid off. I was so impressed with those kids. Everyone did awesome.
Ready for his part and smiling :)
He spoke so loud and clear! Great job!
We have just loved Ms. Mary! What great teachers!!
And Ms. Kristi!!!!
Gaines was one that got to deliver special gifts to Ms. Lynn the music teacher for a good job on the program!
Class of 2029!!!!!
Dr. Foster and Old King Cole
I had no clue my baby was a district art winner!!!
Great looking pig!!
Gaines was determined NOT to leave that stage until he had a picture with Collins!!! I'm surprised he let Kelsey leave the building. He is obsessed. This can't be good!
I cannot believe we are done with 4k! The end of school sneaks up on me because Gaines still goes there for daycare. It hit me hard the day after his program. He had such an awesome year!!!! He has learned so much! His teachers were awesome. Ms. Mary, Ms. Kristi, Ms. Beverly and Ms. Jan all treated him with love and discipline. I couldn't be more grateful and thankful for this year especially with all the changes he has had in his life! Tears might come with 5k :(
No comments:
Post a Comment