Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Milestone Weekend

To say I am glad the past week is over, is an understatement. Every Year. I know its coming. I know May is crazy, but it gets me every time. I'm a Martha. Not in the sense that I worry about other people not doing their part or helping me. But the fact that I worry so about all the preparation instead of focusing on enjoying the moment. By the time I get to the "moment", I am so worn out. 

Needless to say our first week of May was crazy and there were some things I had to cut out. We started our first baseball practices, end of the year 4k party and continued with soccer game on Saturday. Gaines was pumped about the party. They have a petting zoo, bounce house, and train. Its basically a waste of our time. He rode the train and a pony. Then we waited an hour for him to jump in the bounce house - because he was NOT participating in the petting zoo. They were stinky! I took him to work with me after. He thought that was a treat. The best part is he decided to get his face painted. When he told the lady what he wanted, she said I don't know if I can do a racecar.  He asked me how it looked. I said great. Then hours later, he told my friend at work that he didn't want a racecar. He said baseball but she heard racecar. He was a good sport though! 




Scott had to work the 5 Star City Fest Friday night. I wanted to take the kids but opted for a movie night at home. Gaines enjoyed it (besides the fact we rented 2 movies that were too scary for him). We ended up watching a Paw Patrol episode. He asked me to come lay with him. He wasn't scared anymore. He just wanted me. After a while, he says "I just love laying with you Mama". Ah! I have been so bad lately about getting everything around here done and kept straight that we hardly sit anymore. 

Scott left Saturday morning before we woke up to go to Rob's graduation. I can't believe it. And I don't envy him. I remember the type of pressure that comes with the senior year especially when you don't really know what you want to do. I hope he doesn't let it get to him, but finds something he enjoys and has faith in the end it will all come together...one day. It took Scott and me years. We are both lucky to have the jobs we have now. 

Saturday my job included finishing an Old King Cole costume. I dreaded it. But it went faster than I thought. I stopped worrying about the perfect finishing touches and refuse to spend anymore money on it so that helped the quick finish too. Gaines loved it. I picked out the supplies, but he pretty much designed it. He told what he wanted where and how he wanted certain things. The quality was not great. Its made for a one time wear. So the inside wasn't finished off nicely and was definitely itchy. They best solution I had was to wear tights. I told him kings wore tights / leggings. That was enough for him. He was excited. When were getting dressed before the program, he said "oh, cool. Socks with pants. I've never seen that". That would be panty hose Gaines!!!


After I finished the costume, I could start preparing for Sunday...Baby Dedication at 8.30. We had invited all the family. I told myself it was okay for her to wear a dress from her closet. My mother self 5 years ago would have been horrified. Nothing new??? Nope. I don't have the money for a new dress and she has lots in her closet. My mom asked if she at least had something white. Nope. Purple, pink and purple. So purple it was going to be. Until Gaines sweet and wonderful teacher offered one of her handmade dresses!! I still can't believe she did that. She shouldn't have. We always talk sewing at school functions. She gives me tips on techniques and where to find things. At Gaines end of the year party, she asked how Anne Walker's dress was going. I laughed! She said "Oh, I'll go home and find some." Precious they were!! She had an absolutely gorgeous bonnet that went with the dress I chose, but everyone voted against it :( It did cover her pretty hair so I agreed. 




After baby dedication, I could move on to Mother's Day! Mary and I cooked lunch after church. We had everyone over to mom's house. It was delicious and relaxing. We even let Gaines blow out a candle. Mother's Day festivities didn't last long before we moved on to the 5 year old!




This picture sums up the busy weekend...celebrating college graduation, baby dedication, turning 5 years old and mother's day....

I was bad with pictures that day. I didn't get any with my mom and Anne Walker. And I didn't get a family picture for baby dedication. Scott was there - I promise. 

I almost forgot. Not only did Gaines turn 5 this weekend, Anne Walker also turned 9 months!!! What?? I know. How is that possible? She is doing much better after this last round of ears. Happy, happy and eats and eats. She is bouncing and bouncing...so hard it looks like she is going to just pop up on her feet. She is not standing and holding on as good as I remember Gaines. Then again, I could've been thinking he was doing more than he actually was. 






I love my sweet babies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment