Thursday, June 16, 2016

Beachin' it

I will admit I wasn't really looking forward to our vacation this year. One unknown was one too many for me. Taking a baby to the beach. Never done it before. Never wanted to. Wasn't excited about it. One good thing was that Anne Walker is the perfect baby :) The week ended up being a great week. Several people going to the beach with little ones this summer asked "what is the key to taking a baby to the beach?" My response is always, "Just realize you won't do what you want to do and it'll be great!" I knew I wouldn't be able to spend hours sitting in the sand watching the waves. I knew I would spend the majority of my time inside. And that was ok. Scott was taking care of Gaines. They were having a great time, and that made me happy. 

We broke the trip up this year. We spent the night in Mobile and then had an easy morning's drive to Gulf Shores to pick up the key at lunch. The kids did great going to Mobile. Really no crying at all. They napped and played and then enjoyed the hotel. 




Our condo at the beach had a slide and lazy river. Gaines never missed a beat. I don't know who he was, but he was not my timid 4 year old. He loved the slide. On the last day he talked me into going down it. It was super fun and fast!! Anne Walker enjoyed her hour or so on the beach. We would take her to the pool for a bit before afternoon nap. She liked it. I was surprised because the water was chilly. 

First time in the ocean breeze :)

Somebody was excited about breakfast on the balcony



My baby is sweeter than yours :)





The city he and Richie built



The harder the wave the better!!



The Crocketts survived their first family of four vacation!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment