Monday, December 3, 2012

Cookies, Ice Cream Cones and Suckers

Gaines and I had a short visit Sunday afternoon with my grandmother and mom. And they both did their part as a mammaw and great-mammaw. Filling him full of sweets! Gaines doesn't forget anything. He got a cookie one time out of my grandmother's cabinet and that is the first place he goes in her room now. She then thought he needed an ice cream cone. First ever. And he much enjoyed it. As we were leaving, everyone was eating dinner in the dining room. Gaines went to tell Mammaw goodbye and she gave him her dessert cookie! We ended up at my mom's house that night. Gaines was fussy. It was bath time and bed time. Well, what cures crankiness...nothing better than a watermelon sucker - which is also a first. I go from seriously stressing about him not eating much of anything to letting him have a sugar high for dinner.



Saturday was a fun day. Gaines was in one of the best moods of ALL time. We spent the late afternoon playing at the park. He had a great time. I am still "little overprotective mom" who hovers over him, but he just thought I was chasing him! You just never know how dangerous slides can be :)




Friday night Gaines went last minute to eat with Scott's parents. I told Scott that we really needed to take advantage of this hour being baby-free and all. So we did something unheard of....just the two of us ate at the local Mexican restaurant! Exciting!! The best part was seeing good friends. We have all definitely turned old. Some of our old 'hang-out' group was there also. Eating alone as couples. On a Friday night. At 6pm. Only to turn around and be home by 7pm. Times have changed!

Here is to a new week, more Christmas outfits, and an ending to a very random blog post :)

1 comment:

  1. I have those "When did we get so old?!" moments all the time :) Thanks again for all of your help with the little dress!! Hope y'all have a great week!

    ReplyDelete