Monday, December 24, 2012

Santa Claus is comin'....tonight!

{I am a little ornery about certain types of posts showing up in certain months. Like Halloween for instance, I didn't like that that it is in the November post month. I have had zero time since Christmas to post, and I was so bothered that it would be listed under 2013. My plan was to post a title and say 'Under Construction' and come back later to fill in information. Well, smart little me didn't know you could schedule a post and even back post. So I am back posting a few so my timeline doesn't get out of wack!}
 
Christmas Eve starts the festivities for our family. Because of Christmas Eve being on a Monday this year, I was off of work all day and Scott got off around 2pm. I got Gaines dressed early, and we went to visit GG at the bank. Gaines was pretty cranky so we didn't stay long. We came home and took an early nap to rest up for a long night. By the time Scott got home, Gaines was awake. I decided to let Gaines open his gift from us since he would be overwhelmed with presents for the next two days. I can't really tell if he loves it or not. He will knock the pins down but then cries. Who knows?? He prefers to place the pins and knock him down with his hands rather than the ball.
 
 
 
 
Next on the agenda - Caldwell Christmas at Frank and Carolyn's! We headed north with Mammaw. Gaines had a good time - much better than last year. He loved every gift!
 
 
 
Before it got too late, it was time to head south again for Christmas with Mammaw and Gran-Mike. The kids were all anxious to start opening. Once Gran-Mike arrived, everybody dug in! Gaines enjoyed it. I think he loved being with the cousins just as much. All the kids make it exciting.
 
 
 
 
 
Emily was not so happy about sharing her purse.
But Gaines was obsessed with it!
 
Daddy was not taking it out of the box fast enough!
 
 
 Finally he got his own farm!
 
Our failed attempt at family picture!
We did document Gaines' shreel scream and
what better way to block that sound than Mom scream back...
 
 A great ending to fun night...bowl full of ice cream
 

1 comment: